Vmax Bagger Build

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chicken Man

Reaction score
What do y'all think of the bagger build? Not so much the condition of this particular big, but just the style and concept of the mods that were done with it.

It's probably not something I would do with my bike. But at the same time, I actually kinda dig it. If the fairing and bags were all color matched, I think it could actually look kinda rad?

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2015-Yamaha-VMAX+1700-5026729434
1691720181951.png1691720197549.png1691720213275.png1691720234323.png1691720258398.png1691720265231.png

It's probably not something I would do with my bike. But at the same time, I actually kinda dig it. If the fairing and bags were all color matched, I think I could actually look good?

It appears well-executed. Some combination of same bike color and the matte black on the saddlebags and the fairing would be more aesthetically-pleasing. I wonder how the aero capabilities are at speed? Those bars are awfully high, I think that unless the fairing was a frame mount, the position of the biker would be very uncomfortable at speeds on the higher side.

Fairing is fork mounted. I would change the pipes. I saw that on cycle trader also.

How is it and why does it seem,I.M.O., that a Gen 1 can easier pull off so many different configuration's than a Gen 2, bagger included?
It may be the genetic ties to the Venture ( see Seans Vmax/Venture)?
Maybe its in the Gen1 frame design era geometry.
Maybe its just the Gen 1's creative allure......
VV.jpg

gentsvmax, that is one of the best assembled touring VMax'es I've seen. A random pic off the 'net? It appears to have Fat Bob tanks, so that would be an additional 5 gallons, I believe, so a total of 9 gallons: 9 gal. X 33 mpg= 297 miles. I don't think my posterior or my prostate could survive that duration in the saddle.

1691848286747.png

gentsvmax, that is one of the best assembled touring VMax'es I've seen. A random pic off the 'net? It appears to have Fat Bob tanks, so that would be an additional 5 gallons, I believe, so a total of 9 gallons: 9 gal. X 33 mpg= 297 miles. I don't think my posterior or my prostate could survive that duration in the saddle.

View attachment 90632
Yes, I searched "Vmax bagger" ot was in images. I was also going to toss in Seans Vmax/Venture pics just for added contrast because the more I look at it the more I'd say that Gen2 bagger is in many ways a one off first.
Color, pipes, bag style and the fairing/wind screen, and, is that a big flask
in front of the break side bag?
Got it! Its the color choices and how they work with the frames powder coat! Humm....

What do y'all think of the bagger build? Not so much the condition of this particular big, but just the style and concept of the mods that were done with it.

It's probably not something I would do with my bike. But at the same time, I actually kinda dig it. If the fairing and bags were all color matched, I think it could actually look kinda rad?

https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2015-Yamaha-VMAX+1700-5026729434
View attachment 90595View attachment 90596View attachment 90597View attachment 90598View attachment 90599View attachment 90600

It's probably not something I would do with my bike. But at the same time, I actually kinda dig it. If the fairing and bags were all color matched, I think I could actually look good?
Are these the Viking bags saddle bags you got here?

Back