Vmax is it for you?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badVmax

Reaction score
This is simple to me the reason i like the Vmax it's 197hp/127tq V4 engine, bad boy styling, standard seating, exhaust note and some high tech, the Vmax is currently the best bike for what i want. Today, it has more power than any other production motorcycle made and when kerker graces the world with an exhaust for my max, it will also be the best sounding, over 200 horse power production bike made. I love the way the new and old max look, to me it will always look cool in a way that a 67 vette or a 57 chevy do. Styling is not everything, but it certainly helps when making payments and i know it would be hard for me to write that montly check after looking at a b king in my garage. As far as money is concerned people pay much more for harleys, which cant accelerate, turn, stop and is based off techology that is a half a century old. I say, im glad the people who buy them have a bike that makes them happy, yamaha provided me the Vmax and im glad i can be happy, especially for less money, lol. As for power, if that was the only thing we wanted we would all just turbocharge a busa and be done with it, since that combination will produce more power than any future production motorcyle imho, and that would probably be less $ that a Vmax. But i dont need a 200 mph motorcycle, i live in rural "straightaway" nevada and as a result see 140 mph plus several times a month on average, but i just dont have a need to much faster. Acceleration is very important to me in the 30 to 130 mph range and as a result, i dont need to lay down behind a windshield. Sitting in a standard crouch is important, since my sportbike days are now over. the Vmax offers me more than any other bike currently for sale and its hard for me to imagine that changing for a long time. But until the day comes, i will dwell in Vmax forums, where i can be with people who share the same love as me (NOT THE EXACT ONE GET YOUR OWN) and for the other people who are not happy with the Vmax, go find a bike you like, its out there and probably for alot less money. lol. Sorry for the rant and the long first post.

Welcome,
What part of Nevada do you reside in?????? I don't see to many Max's up here. And the local dealer is only soso.
Lew

Welcome,
What part of Nevada do you reside in?????? I don't see to many Max's up here. And the local dealer is only soso.
Lew

THX, i live near vegas. that is also something cool about the max, you dont see them very often,

Styling is not everything, but it certainly helps when making payments and i know it would be hard for me to write that montly check after looking at a b king in my garage.

Well, I'm fortunate enough to not have to make payments on my B-King, but I did get into it for about $7,000 less than the new Max would have cost me. Sure, I'd prefer the new Max in my garage, but not for the price delta. If you get a chance to actually ride a B-King sometime, do it.

Well, I'm fortunate enough to not have to make payments on my B-King, but I did get into it for about $7,000 less than the new Max would have cost me. Sure, I'd prefer the new Max in my garage, but not for the price delta. If you get a chance to actually ride a B-King sometime, do it.

I looked at the b king, i like a lot of things about it and its definetly unique. it's a lot of bike for the money for sure. The price for Vmax is alot and will not be easy for me, but if i keep it for as long as i hope to (forever!) the price will justify itself in the long run. i dont see the price for the max as way out of line, as much as the price you pay for a b-king as a smoking bargain. If you ever make a vegas run, give me a shout, these two bikes together would show the world how lucky we got it in todays motorcycle world.

i dont see the price for the max as way out of line, as much as the price you pay for a b-king as a smoking bargain.

I don't begrudge a guy wanting to spend money on his favorite toys. (That's why I get a little torqued at those that bash the new Max. To each his own.) That day in Oct./Nov. when the dealer calls your name will be fun. And, as you said, I don't think $18k is out of line.

Fortunately, I was able to snag my B-King at about $100 over dealer cost, and almost $2k off of sticker. I gave more than that for my '07 Max. I bet at some point I'll have a new VMax, but it will be after the limited production nonsense has worn off, the bugs are worked out (if there are any), and a real population of aftermarket goodies is available. I'll have to live vicariously through you guys until I get one. :damn angry:

In the meantime, damn this bike is fun. I'll also be interested to see what Suzuki does (if anything) with the '09 B-King.

Hopefully the new V-Max won't be a repeat of Honda's Valkyrie Rune. They made 1,500 copies, sold some of them at an absurd price, and then shut down the assembly line. Not too much aftermarket for that model. I'm sure by now the limited run of the new V-Max is sold out (unless $30,000 examples sure to be sold by speculators on e-Bay count). :bang head:

And about the price: $17 K is a pretty cheap Harley.

The 2500 unit thing is a marketing ploy just like Chrysler is doing with the new challenger to keep the price high incredibly stupid for Chrysler though cause their losing their ass right now if they had done what Ford did with the Mustang[offer a full line] and not this limited BS they would probably be doing alright or much better!

I would love to see one sitting in my garage, or better yet, see myself sitting on it whilst cruising down the road. I have said over and over that I am putting money down on it but as the days go on I'm finding it more difficult as my financial status could change (home repairs, the fiance's car payment)! Do you guys think $16,990 ($18,100 after taxes, license....) is getting too high? Or am I just a cheap bastard (please be gentle). I'm struggling with making the right decision!! My heart tells me to go for it because I love the Max and have been waiting for this thing for years. My brain is telling me "Whoa camel, slow down and really think about this".

I would love to see one sitting in my garage, or better yet, see myself sitting on it whilst cruising down the road. I have said over and over that I am putting money down on it but as the days go on I'm finding it more difficult as my financial status could change (home repairs, the fiance's car payment)! Do you guys think $16,990 ($18,100 after taxes, license....) is getting too high? Or am I just a cheap bastard (please be gentle). I'm struggling with making the right decision!! My heart tells me to go for it because I love the Max and have been waiting for this thing for years. My brain is telling me "Whoa camel, slow down and really think about this".
i believe in a few years they will be sitting on show rooms floors in the winter..and for $ 15.500 or less it can be bought ... in a few years there will be new 2010 models for sale in 2011

i believe in a few years they will be sitting on show rooms floors in the winter..and for $ 15.500 or less it can be bought ... in a few years there will be new 2010 models for sale in 2011

Yep. Just yesterday I saw a brand new 2006 FJR on eBay up for bid. 0 miles. Didn't Yamaha have that bike 'limited production' for a while, too?

In fact, here's a link to a formerly limited edition bike.

Well gentlemen and the occassional lady the 2nd gen VMAX is being released to the Australian public at a price of $29,850 plus On Road Costs.:confused2:There will be 150 bikes available but at that price I don't think there will be a lot of takers unless you are Gleno's accountant in which case the purchase could be a tax write off.But seriously I couldn't afford one so i think I will just do fuel injection on mine and wait until the price drops enough for me to get one .It only took 20 years to buy my present Vmax and hopefully it won't take that long to score a test ride it is so exclusive .Cheers Kevman

Well gentlemen and the occassional lady the 2nd gen VMAX is being released to the Australian public at a price of $29,850 plus On Road Costs.:confused2:There will be 150 bikes available but at that price I don't think there will be a lot of takers unless you are Gleno's accountant in which case the purchase could be a tax write off.But seriously I couldn't afford one so i think I will just do fuel injection on mine and wait until the price drops enough for me to get one .It only took 20 years to buy my present Vmax and hopefully it won't take that long to score a test ride it is so exclusive .Cheers Kevman
has yamaha posted any quarter mile stats on the new v-max?:confused2:

She feels SOOOOOO familiar.
joemax.jpg

Too bad I don't have eighteen grand laying around.

has yamaha posted any quarter mile stats on the new v-max?:confused2:

Yamaha doesn't post even hp numbers for any of their bikes, at least on their website. I'd seriously doubt they'd throw out a qtr mile time, officially.

The 2500 unit thing is a marketing ploy just like Chrysler is doing with the new challenger to keep the price high incredibly stupid for Chrysler though cause their losing their ass right now if they had done what Ford did with the Mustang[offer a full line] and not this limited BS they would probably be doing alright or much better!

Chrysler is offering a full line, it's called the 09 and newer Challengers which are already being sold/ordered. The rental car biz is what kept the Mustang #1, well and all the other V6 sales.

I'm sure once the first 2500 are sold, the 2010 Max will be sold with no "limited production". Who knows, maybe they will have the BS of the first year was the fastest too! :biglaugh:

when its on the showroom floor ..thats when ill buy..because you know know body at the dealships has a clue on how to work on them if warranty is needed

I am enjoying this post as there is no nastiness. I see new Runes going for 15K. Somebody knows the retail so the math is simple. I got a good and reliable job but in these financial times, I don't feel compelled to have the new Max payment. My two classic Maxes are doing fine and as a previous poster mentioned, are doing what I want from a bike quite nicely thank you. I have never been over 155 mph but I think I would push a new Max as soon as I got comfortable on it. (surely someone will unlock the electronic governor) I am guessing 95 % of my riding is under 100. I mostly like the adrenaline rush launches. I can't stand having the squids thinking they can take me but the Busa outruns me everytime. Yes, I want the new Max, no I am not willing to spend 18K, yes I can wait for the price to come back to reality and no, you can't ride mine, and dammit, I better be able to take them Busas! Lets hear more!!! PATMAX

IYes, I want the new Max, no I am not willing to spend 18K, yes I can wait for the price to come back to reality and no, you can't ride mine, and dammit, I better be able to take them Busas! Lets hear more!!! PATMAX

I'm really looking forward to the magazine battles between the new Max, Busa and B-King. Should be fun.

Despite the temptation to lower the bike, or change the pipes, the idea was to see what the thing would do stock, gearing, mirrors, factory tyres, pump fuel and all. Several more attempts ended again with wheelies, before Bec finally nailed a good run, a 9.903 at just over 141 mph. Several more 9.9s were run, but she couldnt manage to put together anything better to squeak it into the 9.8 second zone, however we left with the feeling of mission accomplished. Rebecca reported no stability or wind blast issues at over 140mph (225km/h) top end speeds.

Motoaus.com

I ordered Yoshi exhaust and PCIII today, and I'm suspect after I install it (with a supplied map) I'll be in the range 0f 177 hp at the rear wheel. Now if I could just learn to ride. :looser:

Latest posts

Back