Want a lift?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pez_rz

Reaction score
Since I got stuck working through the weekend I didn't get any spanner time on the vmax. After flicking through the fsm and googling parts I came across the 'easy riser' bike lifts, known as the big red and big blue.

I swore off table lifts after doing up a bike on my fathers lift - the combination of reaching over and wrenching hammered my lower back.

These ones look cool, heaps of access up close. Downside is the blatant marketing spin/lies on the website and confusion on the mounting options.

Any one got one/used one? Real world experience/comments? I'm wondering if you can actually pull the front/rear end off without it falling over. Or if you can lean on a socket without throwing your bike across the workshop?

Website is http://on-bike.com/motorcycle-lift-eazyrizer-big-blue.htm , seem to retail for about the same $ as a quality table lift..

Frankly mate I don't trust them on a bike as big as a Goldwing , Maybe If the legs were bolted to a hard surface like into concrete, but then you still have to hoist it up and down, rather myself to get a table, one that has a drop end so you can remove the rear tire like from under a Goldwing.

Used something similar on my dirtbike but never a large bike like the Vmax. For sure I would not use it to remove many parts with as the change in center of gravity could be an issue unless the foot profile is pretty large.

"The bike is firmly-clamped to the lift..."

I agree the base should be red-headed into concrete.

It should work, they show the front & rear off, but Sean's comment on the c-of-g is a good one.

I think a platform lift is best, I don't have one. I am working on a solution for my garage project which is coming-along, which will allow me to lift my bike at either end or the whole thing as a unit for work. I have the $$ parts, now I have to do a template and drop it off for fabrication.

And if you put your back on the chain and get yourself centered with the legs over the rear and the upper body over the front then you're about what you see there. Now, lift your upper body to simulate the change in COG and you'll tilt over to your legs.

Wow those are expensive! I have a elderly Craftsman like that. I think Torin has one in that style too.

I think I would just buy a hydraulic stand for a bit more $ (used, I'm cheap) but that looks like a good piece. The turntable and the dolly look like good accessories, or if you have multiple bikes.

Since I installed my UFO DRagstar 4/1 I just use a small hydraulic jack on the right side footpeg area to lift the bike to remove the rear wheel. UFO sells some temporary bolts you can use to mount the centerstand temporarily for service work. I have also slung the end of the bike I'm working-on from tiedowns hung from eyebolts in the rafters. That was more of a safety move because I was unsure that the center-of-balance on the jacking on my bike and the work I was doing might have an issue. Guys in earthquake zones could do that to save their precious bodywork or just damage to the bike.

I use a Pitbull. Rock solid with my VMax, M109R and Goldwing.

To each there own after trying one like the one first mentioned In this post at a friends place and the pitbull/torin style. I say you can't beat a table just my opinion. If you are working on all around the bike in different spots the first one gets in the way more than you think.

Thanks for the feedback. I also checked out the abba lift after a mate recommended them but no Vmax compatibility. Maybe I'll just look for a higher table or something.

Back