Wet cdi

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MONTREALMAX

Reaction score
Hello

I was running into some misfire issues again. Removed the used CDI box I put in a while back and found moisture on the inside of it. It has been raining heavily here recently. I am assuming this is the reason for the latest misfiring problems.

has anyone sealed a CDI box with a silicone or other type of product? This is a Hitachi unit that has two holes on the underside. Can i seal those or is it better to leave them open to allow moisture to escape. Can I seal the solder side of the board to prevent moisture from shorting it out? it has been out of the bike for a couple of days and is completely dry now

any ideas on how to keep water out of the CDI box??

Thanks

Yeah, you could do that. Vboost controller would be another good candidate. I took the easy route and wrapped mine in electrical tape. I haven't had an issue with riding through thunder storms yet...although hail sure sucks.

hail is hard on the clear coat.....:)

mark did you wrap the CDI completely in electrical tape? and the VBOOST controller?

When I took the cover off of the box it had a small bead of white seal on the edge that looked factory i would like to augment that bead by adding silicone to the inner and out edge of the cover

I thought I read on here somewhere that someone had covered the solder side of the CDI board with silicone

Can I cover those two holes on the bottom? I am afraid of completely sealing it and moisture being trapped in there?

Latest posts

Back