What do I have?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCHILDERS

Reaction score
I've only had this bike for a month and a half and I noticed that my shocks had a sticker that said 'Werks' or something like that on them. It didn't look stock to me and I'm wondering if it is or not. What should a stock 2002 shock be?

It's not stock, probably Works performance shocks. These are pretty much the best shocks you can get...unless you want to over-pay for Ohlins.

Werks may be a Chinese knockoff of Works. Someone on eBay is selling Chinese Vmax shocks with a reservoir in various colors. Do a search and see if they look like yours. Works shocks are excellent but would not be spelled that way. Also Google "Werks shocks" and see what you get.

Well well well, I guess the po did a few things to this that he neglected to tell me about. Are these shocks adjustable?

How about posting a picture of your shocks so we can see what you have :confused2:

Neil

I don't have my camera with me, but I did ride my bike to work. After looking at it and looking through all their products, I think that the following link is what I have:
http://www.worksperformance.com/html/street_pair_street_tracker_drs.html

I'm mainly wondering if I can lower them a little. I wouldn't mind being a little closer to the ground when I come up to stop lights, etc. (without effecting the ride). I looked and can't find much of anything on their website about lowering. (I think they're talking about ride adjustment, not height).

Latest posts

Back