What Exhaust to run?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaos

Reaction score
Hi, my vmax has Cobras which I quickly learned were bad. I was wondering what I should run instead. I love the slashed look so if theres anything else I could get like that, thatd be great. Im going to end up selling these plus an extra pair of pretty good condition supertrapps I have. Only selling because they are black and im looking for something chrome. I may make a sales post and see what people offer/for trade. If someone could also point me in the proper direction of what I should list these at.

VMax Market: VMax Classifieds under 'Forums" at the top of the page.

Star Rider Performance has some bologna-cut exhausts. Go for a full header/canister system and a jet kit, like Dynojet Stage 7 or the Morley's Muscle kit. That will get you (properly-tuned) up to about 120 RWHP, or more, depending on the tune. The Cobras are limited to < 100 RWHP because of their no-scavenging effect handicap.

Sean Morley [email protected]

A word about the Dynojet Stage 7, the instructions say, eliminate the VBoost. I run the VBoost with Stage 7 Dynojet carb mods, and it works. You can use the VBoost in its normal operation to synchronize the carbs easier than you can if you eliminate the VBoost.

One way to 'eliminate' the VBoost is to unplug the VBoost connector when you turn on the ignition, and the VBoost motor opens the VBoost, and then returns to a VBoost-off position. You just allow the electric motor to open the VBoost, and then unplug the round connector which is the VBoost electric motor. To access the plastic connector, remove the faux tank cover and the left-side aluminum scoop.

The modification costs nothing, and at-idle, you get a lumpy, Chevy V8 with a cam exhaust-noise, which causes everyone to look to see "what's making that exhaust noise?" The H-D boys wish they had that.

https://starriderperformance.com/1985-2007/exhaust/

One example from Star Rider Performance if you prefer the slash-cut:

1717949579955.png

Slip-ons with the OEM header pipes will not increase your RWHP, unless you are running Cobra 4-into-4's (which you are).

On a budget, I'd go for OEM used header pipes front.rear, and your Supertrapps. Go with OEM jetting and maybe from the stock Mikuni 152.5 jets to slightly-smaller 150 or 147.5 main jets.

1717949364229.png

Attachments

• 1717949544552.png
    1717949544552.png
    113.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
VMax Market: VMax Classifieds under 'Forums" at the top of the page.

Star Rider Performance has some bologna-cut exhausts. Go for a full header/canister system and a jet kit, like Dynojet Stage 7 or the Morley's Muscle kit. That will get you (properly-tuned) up to about 120 RWHP, or more, depending on the tune. The Cobras are limited to < 100 RWHP because of their no-scavenging effect handicap.

Sean Morley [email protected]

A word about the Dynojet Stage 7, the instructions say, eliminate the VBoost. I run the VBoost with Stage 7 Dynojet carb mods, and it works. You can use the VBoost in its normal operation to synchronize the carbs easier than you can if you eliminate the VBoost.

One way to 'eliminate' the VBoost is to unplug the VBoost connector when you turn on the ignition, and the VBoost motor opens the VBoost, and then returns to a VBoost-off position. You just allow the electric motor to open the VBoost, and then unplug the round connector which is the VBoost electric motor. To access the plastic connector, remove the faux tank cover and the left-side aluminum scoop.

The modification costs nothing, and at-idle, you get a lumpy, Chevy V8 with a cam exhaust-noise, which causes everyone to look to see "what's making that exhaust noise?" The H-D boys wish they had that.

https://starriderperformance.com/1985-2007/exhaust/

One example from Star Rider Performance if you prefer the slash-cut:

View attachment 94357

Slip-ons with the OEM header pipes will not increase your RWHP, unless you are running Cobra 4-into-4's (which you are).

On a budget, I'd go for OEM used header pipes front.rear, and your Supertrapps. Go with OEM jetting and maybe from the stock Mikuni 152.5 jets to slightly-smaller 150 or 147.5 main jets.

View attachment 94355
Thank you, I like the look of that exhaust. How much you reckon I could sell the super traps and cobras for?

Cobras, I think $150-200. Supertrapps about $200-250. Scratches would lower the price to a savvy buyer. 'Like they came-out of the box,' a bit higher.

Ok, Thank You
Here’s the pictures. The second picture has a red spot on the exhaust, it’s not rust but rather sticker residue, haven’t had a chance to clean it out.

Attachments

• IMG_9976.jpeg
    IMG_9976.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9977.jpeg
    IMG_9977.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back