Whatcha Got, What'd you have and Whatcha working On....?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get the header tank looking like new. Cold water with some washing up power and some rice, lid on and shake. The rice will hit against the walls to help remove the residue or small ball bearings.

Then a cloth wrapped on a piece of stiff wire will allow you to remove the grot from the hard to reach places like the underside of the tank.

What are ya asking for the big girl? She looks pretty complete, any issues?
Trying to get $1,200. Speedometer is out. Temp Gauge is out. Fuel Gauge works off and on. (I think it needs a cluster). All lights and turn signals work fine. Other than the famous 2nd gear miss it shifts and drives real nice. Can shift through 2nd, but easy does it. New back tire and good front one. Good brakes. Typical plastic tabs busted. Just sunk in $950 on repairs. Plugs, wires, new rear head gasket (Someone had cross threaded a plug and had it in with Teflon... :rolleyes: ) Carb boots replaced and carb slides replaced. All this taught me that I should do the vMax myself...😖

Last edited:
Back