Which seat is better?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
I need a new seat for my Max badly. I've seen seats on Exactrep's site, on UFO's site, a Corbin seat, and I've even heard about Morley's seat.
Has anyone been on more than one of these seats? Any opinions?

I think your touching on a very controversial topic and opinions vary alot, but all that posted that has bought a Morley's seat seems very happy.

I have a cut down stock and a Corbin and like both for different reasons, the cut down stock lowers you in the bike and looks better, but the corbin is IMO more comfortable for long rides for both driver and passenger.

Check out the following, amongst others for more info;

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=1656&highlight=seat+thread

Mike

Yeah I had already been looking at that thread. I've looked at just about every thread about seats and still can't make a decision. I think I might contact Sean and see if I can get a seat from him because A) I know people here have used them and love them and B) I need a lower driver seat height. I need a bucket for my ass to sit in, and Corbin's seat doesn't provide that.

I agree with Maxcruiser. I have a cut down seat with a gel insert and it looks better and is great for my short inseam. (30"). However, for long times in the saddle, I prefer the Corbin. My longest trip on a Max is 3500 miles in 7 days on a Corbin. Had no seat problems. Have also done 1500 miles in 4 days and about 700 miles on an overnight trip. Have not done any trips on the cut down seat but have already noticed a problem with no room to shift around which helps on long stretches in the saddle. The design forces me to stay in one place all the time. Also seems to be a little tight in the family jewel area as it curves up in front. Sudden stops could be a problem. This may vary on different cut down seats but all seem to be a little tight in the seat. And I am only 165 pounds. Don't know how some of you big guys handle it. :biglaugh: The Corbin is roomier. Just my 2 cents.....

Sean made my Morley Muscle seat to my specifications after he gave me some advice during the planning stages. Since I weigh over 250lbs he suggested that I not get it cut down too much. He widened the seating area from what felt like softball sized area with the stock seat to what now feels like a football sized area. I can move fore and aft a bit to help change up the positions too. Full tank runs are no problem now, I probably could go well over 200 miles in this seat if the mpg's would allow it. Talk to Sean for sure!
One other thing you can do is to add hiway pegs/ forward controls to help in making the Vmax a little more LD roadworthy.

We can modify the Corbins too! Best of both worlds that way. There should be pics on here somewhere.

Sean

Yeah Sean I've checked out your pics on here along with your website. I like the looks of your seats, and from what I've heard, I think I'll end up buying one from you. I am 5' 10" and about 190. I did get a little confused when I looked at your site....how much is it to re-tool and re-cover all 3 parts of the seat? If I'm making my seat more comfy, I gotta do the same for the wifey otherwise she'll bitch.

I prob won't get a new seat until riding season is over though because I can't handle going 2-3 weeks without being able to ride.

I normally build you a seat then trade you out. Riding time loss is less then 15 minutes. A full set runs $240-on up exchanged depending on the options (most popular is $300 which is both front and rear reshaped and all three recovered in two tone smooth and carbon fiber look material).

Sean Morley

Oh my bad. I thought that I had to ship you the seat first so you had a core. Do you use the same foam as stock or a better type? I only need it covered in all black. Not a fan of the two tone. Once I get the money together I will let ya know. I love this forum already!!!

I think what Sean means by "two tone smooth and carbon fiber look material" is this; both are same color black but different textures. If I'm wrong Sean will let you know. Here is a picture of the "two tone" on my bike:
(Your design will be different, mine is not cut down much from stock.)

Attachments

• IMG_2788.jpg
    IMG_2788.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 42
That seat is sweet Redbone. There was a guy selling a Sportmax
on e-bay. Originally he had a buy it now price of $250 then changed
it to bidding only. It was at $189 last I checked. I will go with a seat
from Sean when I am ready to buy. $250 for a custom seat and a
consult with the seat builder, Priceless :eusa_dance:
I just need a sissybar for the wife 1st. Any help out there ?
Thanks,
Chris

I thought about this for a long time and I read all the threads and I went with Sean's seat. He sent me his, I installed it and sent my stocker back to him - no down time. It is a great seat! It's not a seat for touring (at least not for me). But no problem here - I don't ride the Max for touring - I ride for the grins. Sean's seat looks terrific and performs very well.

can you post us some pics? We'd all like to see how it turned out.

thanks
tuner

Latest posts

Back