Why i post?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaxmax

Reaction score
I not only enjoy quick answers to problems but i try to make problems for others as easy as possible to solve. I sent parts to members as far as the UK and australia and i've bought parts from members on this site.
I am a senior member and have a lot of knowledge of motorcycles and have raced professionally for 35+ years. Mostly suzuki gsxr's, dragsters and super stock.
I bought my first vmax 3 months ago and have worked on it every day since- poured a lot of $ in it and now that i have it up and running i enjoy it and love the same feeling other members are getting too.
I spend a ton of time on the SEARCH doing research on this site and i have answered questions and asked questions too with highly informative answers. I only hoped to help someone else on this site and ease their troubles as they have mine.
So the other day i type in ROTELLA in the search engine (but not in caps i'm trying to make a point here) and the first page comes up and not one ROTELLA on that page. I have never heard of it and never seen it anywhere.
Click to page #2 and bingo i see it one with 4 answers and they are mostly about where to buy it cheapest. I've never even heard of "TRACTOR SUPPLY STORE". On to page 3 and no ROTELLA there. Page 4 nope.
Page 5 hey theres one but it is mostly about shinko tires. I find a couple more with the heading ROTELLA and read on. They say it is used in diesels and is synthetic.
The next one says ROTELLA has changed!! Search on-page 6 nothing-page 7 nothing.
So i decide after reading all that i have found with the search and advanced search that i will POST a questionnaire to see other members experience and findings.
I intentionally type in ROTELLA 3 times to get comparative answers and hope that it becomes a quick reference for other members.
I get some great answers to my problem from informative members of whether to buy 5w40,SAE 30,10W-30, SAE 40, 15W-40,15w-40,15w-40 diesel or 15W-40 synthetic.
My first time leaving my home town on the passenger seat with my father driving we come to a city called Stanton Texas.
I read a billboard that says "WELCOME TO STANTON_ HOME OF 3000 FRIENDLY PEOPLE AND A FEW OLD SOREHEADS".
I now know what it means.

I know the feeling, bought a running Vmax in oct, rode it only 20 miles before i had to park it for the winter.
I suggest buying Rotella and stocking up before the price goes up, both regular and synthetic.
Or before it gets neutered into something of no use for bikes.

Latest posts

Back