Windshield.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffmorgan77

Reaction score
Hello fellow Vmax people. I have had my 2020 vmax for over a year or so now and I am thinking of putting on the Puig Naked windshield from revzilla. I want your opinion if my bike is gonna look dumb with this thing on it. I personally like the no windshield look but it sucks getting all that wind, also the occasional big ass bug that smacks my chest at 100+Mph. Also my helmet does this wobble thing when I'm going fast. I'm like 50/50 if I should get this windshield or not. What do you guys think?Screenshot_20220524-101822_Chrome.jpg

Helmet wobble would indicate that your helmet is not the correct fit, either your head is too small or the helmet is too big.

Growing a bigger head is a non trivial matter hence it is easier to get a smaller helmet. You would best go to a shop and try different models and brands to find the best fit (and then order on line LOL).

A too small helmet is bad as it will give headache due to pressure.

Hello fellow Vmax people. I have had my 2020 vmax for over a year or so now and I am thinking of putting on the Puig Naked windshield from revzilla. I want your opinion if my bike is gonna look dumb with this thing on it. I personally like the no windshield look but it sucks getting all that wind, also the occasional big ass bug that smacks my chest at 100+Mph. Also my helmet does this wobble thing when I'm going fast. I'm like 50/50 if I should get this windshield or not. What do you guys think?View attachment 84050
don’t worry about what other people think! It’s your bike, personalize it as you please. I personally think it looks great, but someone may disagree. It’s all up to your personal preference. I posted a pic of my bike on FB and got some negative comment but I just shrugged it off, I like the way my bike looks and sounds. You own it you do you! Good luck, Steve.

I agree it's your bike if you like it thats all that matters. Personally I think the whole front of the gen 2 is terrible looking with or without the windshield. But that's just my opinion and it really doesn't matter.

For 10 plus yrs now I've been hoping it would grow on me but it's not even close yet. The headlight setup is the main part I just don't understand how they thought that would look good.

From the handle bars to the back looks freaking amazing and looks like a freaking beast it is I just can't look at the front or I lose all interest.

I installed the Puig unit.
Would have liked to do something else but could not find an alternate.
It fits and it works !

From the handle bars to the back looks freaking amazing and looks like a freaking beast it is I just can't look at the front or I lose all interest.
Those big dumb turn signals are what I can't stand. I'm gonna replace them soon. The rear ones also.

Yes I agree. The whole front is weird looking to me and way to big but the rest of the bike is beautiful.

I currently have the Yamaha touring windshield. It really does not block much wind so I was thinking of changing to the Puig. Does any one have experience with both & witch one blocks more wind?

Hello fellow Vmax people. I have had my 2020 vmax for over a year or so now and I am thinking of putting on the Puig Naked windshield from revzilla. I want your opinion if my bike is gonna look dumb with this thing on it. I personally like the no windshield look but it sucks getting all that wind, also the occasional big ass bug that smacks my chest at 100+Mph. Also my helmet does this wobble thing when I'm going fast. I'm like 50/50 if I should get this windshield or not. What do you guys think?View attachment 84050
How well does Puig block the wind

Back