Would you? Hell yes!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not a fan of 'vigilant enforcement.' Red light cameras are being removed from some jurisdictions here. You still see idiots running red lights when they turn right. Most people are somewhat respective of the traffic laws, a few are not. Those people I try to avoid as much as possible.

I've left the road (taken a different route) to avoid some numbskull who just wants to be a bad agressive driver and make me the object of his stupidity. If he turns around and tries to follow me or to press a confrontation, I've already got his tag # by the time I decided to leave the road. Then I call 911. A drastic measure, but sometimes that's what you have to do.

If I got a second speeding ticket, I think I would make a conscious effort to maintain speed with traffic. After the third, I would probably cut way back on my riding or give it up for awhile if you just can't keep from speeding.

Gotta ask, why haven't you bought a Valentine One? If you ride over the speed limit that much, I'd think you would have spent the $.

I just don't agree with the placard-carrying emoticon. You have freedom of speech. Which is more important-the priviledge of driving/riding, or the need to speed? I hope you can back-pedal the speed and keep your license.

I know there are motorcycle oriented radar detectors, but the reviews I've read have reported they're $50 detector performance with a $400 sticker. I had tried mounting an automotive one on my Honda and unless it was at night and the flashing light caught my eye, I could never hear it even at max volume at anything much above 50mph...so pretty useless. I actually got my one and only speeding ticket while using it lol. I have a better one in my truck, which works pretty good but I just don't have a need for it really on the bike....I can drop and dash on the bike, not so much in a full size truck.

I follow common-sense law. If it's late at night and I'm on the highway, and I can't spot another pair of headlights, I'm gonna speed. By speeding, I am posing no risk to anybody but myself. If there's no traffic at an intersection, and I can clearly see all entrances to the intersection and it's red, I cruise on through(provided I know the area). To me those are "harmless" violations. While I like to haul ass and make the most of my bike, I'm not going to put myself or others at senseless risk. I don't play chicken with tractor trailers or wheelie at 100mph through rush hour traffic(even if the vmax could do that). I consider myself a very alert rider, I watch traffic, I watch people's eyes through their cages side mirrors. Even when people don't signal, I can almost always predict when they're about to "abruptly" change lanes and ensure I'm not in the way. I watch their back windows....are they on a phone, excitedly talking with a passenger, fidding with some gadget on the dashboard, ect. Any body language that gives me a clue. When I'm in the truck, I give always give bikers a wide berth as I'd appreciate, and will go out of my way to "defend" them with my vehicle from others if possible. When I'm in the four ton truck, I couldn't care less if some punk in a Civic with a fart canister muffler is riding my ass and flashing the lights. On the bike it would piss me off, at least for a second or two until I just dust them. I see said dumbass burning up the left lane toward a biker ahead, I'll side over and block them.

To me, the laws of boating apply on the road too....the larger vessel has the right of way. People in a dinghy shouldn't mess with trawlers. Dork in a sedan isn't going to pull anything against a truck that weighs 3x as much. They might against something that's 1/4 their size though, and if I can do something about that I will.

Back