Headlights?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always liked the idea of HID, but have also often read about how just changing the bulb can be a bad idea, as the design and shape of the headlight's reflector is also paramount when swapping from halogen to HID.

I have HID in my 06. I love it. Once you try it you will never go back to the other.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=7109&highlight=ballast

I have a bi-xenon kit, 35w, 4000k set up. the factory lens works well enough.

whichever kit you get, make sure it is a slim ballast kit. I recommend staying below 4500k light temp. above that the light starts heading blue and of no value as a light source. 4000k is about pure white light with most usable lumens. if you are looking for amber, go 3500 or less. 2900 is about pretty yellow/amber.

You can get the single bulb bi-xenon with slim ballast and relay kit for under $80 on Ebay which includes shipping. I will be trying it soon. I hear you need to drill a hole in the light bucket due to the shape of the HID bulb. Ballast is waterproof so you can put it anywhere.

You can get the single bulb bi-xenon with slim ballast and relay kit for under $80 on Ebay which includes shipping. I will be trying it soon. I hear you need to drill a hole in the light bucket due to the shape of the HID bulb. Ballast is waterproof so you can put it anywhere.

you won't need to do anything to the bucket for a non Bi-xenon setup. the solenoid on the bi's are a bit too long for our stock housing.

David, thanks for the info. I'm thinking I prefer to have high beam especially during the day.

If someone makes this switch soon, I'd really appreciate some pics or details on how the conversion goes. I'm interested in doing this too.

Mark, personally I think the pattern (for the kit I got) on "high beam" has a better close in spread than "low beam" And no, I have NO idea why heck, maybe they the solenoid is wired backwards form the factory. :ummm::ummm:
There is no increase in light with HID bi-xenons, they have a light shield that moves. basically changing the focal point of the light arc.

Yukonerdave, see my link, already did this. Pretty sure I am not the only one on the forum.

pics don't work well with lights- I can tell you I would do it again.

4000k HID light puts out about 3-4x the lumens if stock headlight @ only 35w.

Does anyone have pics?

Is it just the bulb you replace when doing an HID kit?

What are some sources?

Hi from the year 2014, I dont suppose anyone has an updated link for Slim hid conversion for the vmax do they? and some details on how to install?

uploadfromtaptalk1412127664992.jpg

That is a shot of my HID from DDM tuning. HUGE improvement from my halogen lamp. I have it in the stock bucket without issues and opted for low beam only. I have my setup wired so high beam = headlight off.

Total cost was about $50 and a helping of patience since it ships directly from Hong Kong or one of the other Asian provinces taking about a month to receive. 0 issues so far and I did this mod back in January.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Back