vboost @ 3000rpm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskyman510

Reaction score
thought I would start this to see if anyone thinks this may be an issue.
I have the vboost switch which kicks it in at either 3000rpm/6000rpm or not at all. I almost always have it on 3000rpm mode :biglaugh:,but as I was taking it for a cruise my regular cruising speed in top gear around the streets it is always sitting between 2900rpm and 3100rpm making the valve fluctuate open and closed.....could this be harmful??
I know I should just reach over and flick the switch!

Harmfull? I don't think so, except wearing out your actuator faster maybe. Rich at 3k? Yes Benificial? I don't find that set up useful till high 4k- 5k. I got it free from the previous owner brand new in a box. So, it's in.
If I did it all over again,or if I need a controler someday I'll have it wired fully open or fully closed. Also, I don't believe it can turn the vboost off.
Steve-o

Last edited:
Shouldn't do much except make it a bit rich probably. If you like it, just leave it.

The 3-position can turn it off, the center position disables the boost entirely(makes the controller think the engine is at 0 rpm).

While I agree the 3k boost "feels" a bit stronger, in reality you're making less power. Seen several dyno charts to prove this. I think the perception of it being faster is that since it's running rich, a tiny throttle opening results in more effect than normal, so the bike feels more powerful. But it's just that..."feels", not "is".

Came on my bike but I never use it, leave it at the 6k position all the time. Your mileage will also suffer if it's open nearly all the time. Normally I get ~38mpg on the highway, once just to see the difference I did the same route with t-boost on, so the boost was open the whole time. A touch under 30mpg. That's lopping over 30 miles off your range.

If I did it all over again,or if I need a controler someday I'll have it wired fully open or fully closed. Also, I don't believe it can turn the vboost off.
Steve-o[/QUOTE]

Yeah Ive thought of that as well just pull the whole thing out. seems to run a whole lot better fully open, maybe I just need to tune it up better, I have a hard time thinking whenever I ride I want every bit of power it can give me!
Interesting the fact that it is just the feel of more power, maybe I do need to richen the mixture a bit as it feels perfect at 3k when it kicks in.

Latest posts

Back