01 Maxx vacuum issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

01Maxx

Reaction score
Have a 01 Max that I’ve had sitting for several years. Rebuilt the leaking forks, reservoirs, calipers. Changed out fluids. Replaced harness. Checked lots of stuff to the service manual specs. Rebuilt the carbs. Started synchronizing the carbs. They are close. But according to the manual, vac should be 20” at 1000rpm. I have almost nothing. Barely registers on the sync. Hard to start. It would get hit years ago and then not start. That’s what triggered all the work. Checked starter, coils, plugs, carbs, etc. where could I be losing this much vacuum at idle? Any ideas to get it back to what it was when it was new would be appreciated. It’s just unpredictable now and scary to ride. Not synced right at such low vac levels.

Basically if your bike idles at 1000rpms and your sync is "close" it is physically impossible to have this combination. Zero vacuum in intake means your carbs are fully open and therefore not idling. You are clearly doing something wrong or your measuring equipment is not functioning properly.

Then again you mentioned it is hard to start. Have you checked for vacuum leaks?

Back