10 years later - Finally doing my "Round the USA" ride. Need advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattness

Reaction score
Here's my route so far. I have a friend hosting me in Winchester IL, then heading north to the National Motorcycle Museum. Then heading west to Sturgis. Then on to glacier national park to look for that sun road. Then I wanna ride down the coast and I have a friend hosting me in San Lorenzo and another friend hosting me in Irvine and he's gonna let me see Blizzard HQ. Then I'm gonna head to Las Vegas to see bunny ranch then I want to see the Alamo down in Texas.

Is there anything I'm obviously missing on my route that I would find interesting?

I don't want to take interstate at all if I can help it. Old school highways only.

I have 4 weeks of PTO to do this ride so need to move at least 2-300 miles a day.

Looking to do this trip in August 2021 so still fine tuning my route. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear it.

I talked to a guy that did a similar ride and he said to pack half as much as you think you need, but bring twice the money you think you need.

Bike is most likely going to be a Kawasaki Concours.

I'll most likely need tires around So. Cal or TX so i need to plan that in as well.

Attachments

• biketrip2.PNG
    biketrip2.PNG
    988.6 KB · Views: 21
Well if you are passing through NY (maybe your last stop?) you are welcome at my house Matt. If you need tires when you're here I got a guy.

Look up bunkabiker just incase ya need a place to lay down for a bit. Next year I want to take a long appalachian ride with Mr Max. Will be using bunkabiker

The best riding on earth is right where Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina meet. You have the Tail of the Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway.

DO NOT miss them.

You could spend 3 days alone up in that area. People come from all over the planet to ride there.

Edit to add: I recommend the Two Wheels Inn in Robinsville. It's not the Ritz, but it's clean, a room runs about 75 dollars and it's right in the middle of all the riding up there. Most rooms also have their own private garage for your bike.

Back