120 rwhp

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmc-vmax

Reaction score
The bike was put on a dino here and this is what they said it was. It was about 90 degrees out and humid. Is this about right for at the wheel hp. The previous owner rejetted carbs not sure what size jets other than bigger than stock. And it has the 4 into 4 slash pipes, that I think I am getting rid of, because I thought I read on here they suck for hp.

Yup, mine is putting out almost 120
attachment.php

so 120 rwhp is about right??? I was thinking that was low. Thats about 18% loss to the rear wheel.

120 for cobra slip-ons seems about 20 higher then normal. Did they give you a sheet? Sorry man but just trying to get some verification because that's just far too high for normal. Good average stock max makes 110-115 rwhp. Slip-on bikes make the same (except cobra's usually have trouble breaking 100). Full header bikes with jet kit will make 115-130 depending on many conditions (mileage seems to be the biggest factor - higher mileage = higher HP).

Now, I will say different dyno readings can make comparing difficult too. A factory pro machine uses a different math calculation then a dynojet machine so they tend to read lower hp. Then you can get other calc factors that make the numbers higher then a DJ machine.

Sean

sean, its possible he has ufo slash cuts right?

I'm not sure what type of machine it was... I am in Japan and I don't speak much of the language. All I know is what they came out and said and they did not offer the paper, so it would not suprise me at all if the numbers are off. They were checking the bike out because they wanted to buy the bike from me, of course the place did not offer me enough so I passed but I thought it was cool to get a free dyno out of it. Also the pipes are not the UFO's I believe they are kerker. Whats better the slash or the stock pipes, that is my only choice right now. I was leaning towards putting the stock back on.

If you can get us a picture we can figure it out. If it's slip-ons then likely it's cobra's though I have seen over-racing in japan also makes some very nice systems (though 4-4's aren't usually going to make much power).

Sean

Sean you are right in saying they are kerker slip ons. It was late last night and I was half asleep when I said they were kerker. So am I better with the stock pipes than the cobras??

Now you have me confused. The KERKER slip-ons will perform roughly the same as the OEM mufflers. The Cobra's will be worse.

Sean

hahahahaha...OMG Thats what happens when you are ready for bed and when you first get out of bed. They are Cobra slash pipes...cobra cobra cobra. I think I got it this time!
Sorry Sean

Back