170 main jet?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slamfire

Reaction score
So I pulled my carbs intent on re checking my float levels ( which i set last summer) Because Ive had a rich condition.

I decided before splitting the rack again, I would unscrew the main jet "cap" and check out the jet size. Im not sure why i didnt check them last summer when i had them all apart

So they turned out to be 170's :ummm:

The previous owner had Cobra's slip ons installed. Which I swapped out for a punched out stock system.

So I figure he was trying to make up for the cobras with the 170's:confused2:

I'm at sea level should i get stock 152.5's or should I go alittle smaller with the modified stock exhaust? 150's?

You MIGHT be looking at a dynojet or dj 170. The mikunis, will say mk....and then the jet size. The stock Vmax is actually a little bit rich from the factory anyways....so yes, going to 150's will help to wake the bike up.

Even if it is a dynojet 170....its still too big for the bike. Here is a pic of the cross references.

Attachments

• user1102_pic7435_1359540911.jpg
    user1102_pic7435_1359540911.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 33
Mikuni's will have a "R" first then look for a small box inside a larger box- That would be the mikuni's.The smaller box will be in the corner.

The most accurate way to tell if Mikuni or Dynojet requires it's removal and then looking into the jet at the threaded end. The DJ will be nearly flush with the brass until the hole. The Mikuni has a partially drilled hole then to the final size a little ways into it.

Back