• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1985 VMAX for Sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cosmonosmo

Reaction score
85 VMAX, all original, no modifications, 15,800 miles, senior adult owned. Garage kept. It's time for someone else to enjoy the acceleration of a true muscle bike. Excellent condition. $6,000 OBO

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Side covers don't look original....just sayin' :ummm:

They look original to me - just not original to a 1985 Amethyst Vmax. Other than that change, it's still quite a nice survivor 85.

Picky....I know. Just another my of saying that 'all original' probly should read 'mostly original'! :biglaugh:

But yeah, a nice lookin' bike fer sure. :punk:

They look original to me - just not original to a 1985 Amethyst Vmax. Other than that change, it's still quite a nice survivor 85.

Altho, now that you mention it....those covers look custom to me, don't recall any year with that color scheme. :confused2:

Altho, now that you mention it....those covers look custom to me, don't recall any year with that color scheme. :confused2:

Those lower colorations were decals offered early on through the Yamaha dealers. Not too many were sold, I'd guess. I don't know of any years that had the decals installed at the factory.

Looking closer, those side covers may even be the OEM 85 stamped version - and someone simply put the raised chrome lettering on over the stamped Vmax wording. ??

I know, early on, I had TONS of people asking me what I was sitting on, and it led me to find some closely matching red paint to apply into the indented wording on mine.

Those lower colorations were decals offered early on through the Yamaha dealers. Not too many were sold, I'd guess. I don't know of any years that had the decals installed at the factory.

Looking closer, those side covers may even be the OEM 85 stamped version - and someone simply put the raised chrome lettering on over the stamped Vmax wording. ??

I know, early on, I had TONS of people asking me what I was sitting on, and it led me to find some closely matching red paint to apply into the indented wording on mine.
I did mine in black then sanded over leaving the black in the impression.

Back