1986 Venture - need help!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed carbs and triple checked the boots on airbox and intake runners. Carbs throats fully engaged top and bottom. Bowl vents and fuel lines were triple checked. Flick key on fully charges battery. Listen to fuel pump and cycle key until pump does not click at all. Roll on choke, pour glass of Saki to the east and hit the starter. HOLY CRAP WE HAVE A RUNNING MOTOR AND AFTER A BRIEF WARMUP IT TAKES THROTTLE LIKE A V-4 SHOULD!!!! :) :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

Adjust idle a bit and check mixture screws. They seem spot on. Rev up and return to idle is crisp. It does not drop below idle and back up. So leave screws alone for now. Hook Carbtune and it shows left bank good but right bank is bottomed out. Carefully turn screw to balance and count how far. NO DIFFERENCE. Flip Carbtune upside down and can effect a difference. So Carbtune needs cleaned or thrown in trash. But, bench set using drill bits seems to be very close. So put screw back where it was. Motor sounds right and vibration is where it should be for synced. Idle is a bit erratic but the carbs were bone dry and I figure all the new moving parts need to wear in a bit. And of course get fuel on them for lubrication.

I have no damn idea what fixed this creature. All passageways looked clean. All jets in right spots. Since I started at the heads and worked my way up it is almost impossible to tell.

If i remember correctly i ran a few times at san antonio raceway in marion and the altitude was around 650 ft.Did i read that your main jets are 125 and air were 80?
Stock for non california model is 152.5 and 90.
You are losing a hellovalotta power my friend!!!

This Venture has never been apart before I did it. Jets are 100% stock. V-max runs the 152 but it has a CDI and cams to support it. I double checked parts list and manual before replying.

If i remember correctly i ran a few times at san antonio raceway in marion and the altitude was around 650 ft.Did i read that your main jets are 125 and air were 80?
Stock for non california model is 152.5 and 90.
You are losing a hellovalotta power my friend!!!
Well this is a venture.....maybe thats it?

Think castrated Touring Vmax :) Although it will outrun a whole lot of really new bikes in the same engine size.

Back