• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1998 Vmax for sale -SOLD-

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atropine

Reaction score
Hi All-
I am thinking I will likely sell my 1998 Vmax. I will probably just go ahead and post it on the local Las Vegas Craigslist, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to post it here first and get your feedback on what you think is fair pricing. I bought it in 2013 if I remember correctly, from an older gentleman in Prescott, AZ. It had about 6300 miles on it at the time I think. I repainted it Hot Rod Black (flat black), had a bunch of the parts powder coated gloss black, repainted a few parts a shade of gray, had a custom "tank" guard made, added the small windshield, flat bars with end mirrors, forward controls that I powder coated black at the same time, had the seat cut-down and re-covered by Morley's, painted the exhaust flat black with hi-temp exhaust paint, added fork "gaiters" just because I like the look, and replaced the turn signals with small LEDs. It currently has 7973 miles. Tires are in great shape, I just put a brand new battery in it, had the carbs cleaned and sync'ed, and just had the forks rebuilt as one of the seals had started leaking. Everything works, and it runs fantastic. I was thinking of asking somewhere in the $4500 range. The following link is to a previous thread and partway down that page are pictures of the bike....

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=32676&page=4

I'm only selling because I just never really ride the bike and it doesn't make sense to keep insuring it and I would rather put the money toward another dirt bike (or I should say my daughter would like me to put the money toward a bigger dirt bike for her!). Comes with a really nice Nelson-Rigg tank bag that has only been used a couple of times.

Do you think my price is fair? I have obviously put way more into it than that but I never expect to get my cost out of fun project vehicles....

Attachments

• 20140325_193808.jpg
    20140325_193808.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 71
Re: 1998 Vmax for sale

Update: sold yesterday for $4000- just posting here as FYI to let people know what Vmax's are going for in my area....

Back