1999 Vmax/California Emmisions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namyzzo

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what to look for and is there anything I can remove from my 99 Vmax I just got.... I havnt had a chance to look at the manual to see what they did to meet California emmis specs...
Also - the front Calipers = can you tell by the picture if they are the "r1" 's that I have been reading about.??

Attachments

• 99V-max.jpg
    99V-max.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 99and86Vmax.jpg
    99and86Vmax.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 13
If you look at the left-front carb you should see a hose running from it and down the left side. It goes to a EVAP canister. That and the hose can be removed and the nipple on the carb can be capped off.

Yep, those are R1 calipers.

Can someone tell me what to look for and is there anything I can remove from my 99 Vmax I just got.... I havnt had a chance to look at the manual to see what they did to meet California emmis specs...
Also - the front Calipers = can you tell by the picture if they are the "r1" 's that I have been reading about.??

Ya,Those are R1 calipers!

Sweet - thanks guys..!! Helps to know what I am lookin at... This 99 appears to sit a little higher in the front = compared to the 86 next to it (with no motor).. - So I'm looking into that now,, maybe just an illusion.. :punk:

Thanks Again,
-Steve

Just asking?

Is the Calif. Model jetted differently?

I think there's a link on Vmaxoutlaw showing all this but I'm too lazy to look......

Back