1999 XR250R help please...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so the issue came back (not nearly as bad) a few days ago and got to dig into it last night.

i think the ground still could have been the culprit but i also found a coil wire thats female connection was a bit loose. crimped it down and all is good again. wondering if when i 'fixed' the ground, unplugging and re-plugging in the coil seemed to fix the problem but i really just disloged dirt and then when iput the dieletic grease in, that helped 'solve' the problem. now over time, the grease has worn away so the issues started coming back. we'll see in a few weeks!

on a side note i got the bike 'street legal' which will be good for resale and i bought a light kit too. not spending new $$ on tires so hopefully the local shop will just pass my inspection without problems. all i wanna do is ride it to the trails, i don't care about NHS tires n shit. still stops better than a lot of cars and shitty bikes out there n whatnot.

Back