• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1st Gen Air scoops

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whaven

Reaction score
Looking for a pair (both left and right) of the scoops for a 1985 Max (not sure if there’s a difference between the years). Mine are kinda corroded and it takes away from the look of bike and would like to get new ones. Can’t find any on eBay that are any better than mine

Call sean Morley or Captain kyle.

'85's are the same as the other years, as far as I know. It's the '85 side covers which have the VMax stamped into them while the other years have glued-on VMax emblems.

There were different finishes on them, some were all-black, some were partially-painted, others not. It's a good place to have room for some individuality in choosing what color you use. Personally, I prefer a silver finish, or something which stands-out in-contrast to the black engine block and side cases.

I bought my '01 back in '05 ( I think). The owner had died and his former wife's boyfriend wanted it gone. It had been in a metal shed with bird crap on it and looked rough. I tried buffing out the scoops but some corrosion was too deep. I got them powder coated black. I usually don't think anything about it. But at times I see pictures with nice polished aluminum and wish I had that. Rest of the bike cleaned up good and I'm good having black scoops, definitely affordable.

I still have a good solid set but they will need a refinish. I believe the inserts are also there and intact. They are boxed up and put away but I can get them out by this weekend. I see the prices online vary quite a bit, I can probably do better. Let me know if it interests you. They are from an 85. They are blotchy where the OEM finish is wearing off,and a few superficial scuffs but nothing that cant be buffed out, no road rash or deformation.

I still have a good solid set but they will need a refinish. I believe the inserts are also there and intact. They are boxed up and put away but I can get them out by this weekend. I see the prices online vary quite a bit, I can probably do better. Let me know if it interests you. They are from an 85. They are blotchy where the OEM finish is wearing off,and a few superficial scuffs but nothing that cant be buffed out, no road rash or deformation.
just got a set that a buddy had, thanks for the offer though

Back