1st gen motor with a little different look

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingy

Reaction score
The block is a 1300, 1986 Venture, block has been decked 0.40". Vmax heads. All the covers are just fitted up to see if it was going to work.

Motor is going into a 2003 RSV frame. Junk block setting in frame for fit up.

Side covers are from 2005 Royal Star Venture. Valve covers are from the RSV also, there are chrome caps that just about completely hide the valve covers. I think I am going to put the VMax valve covers on.

Powder coat is high gloss black.

Don't know if this combination of motor parts together has been done before. The 2nd gen RSV side covers took some McGyvering. The ignitech TCI I sell was what made it possible to put side covers, flywheel, single pickup & generator in this block. Flywheel on the RSV's have a different magnetic trigger pattern. This can be changed in the Ignitech to compensate.

One nice benefit is the flywheel in the bike from the RSV has a factory sprauge starter clutch.

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_4623.jpg
    IMG_4623.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_4624.jpg
    IMG_4624.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_4626.jpg
    IMG_4626.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4627.jpg
    IMG_4627.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_4630.jpg
    IMG_4630.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4631.jpg
    IMG_4631.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4155.jpg
    IMG_4155.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 97
Should have used the RSV Block so the covers would have fit normally. Then the rest vmax stuff. Still looks like it is coming along nicely!

The RSV blocks are configured different in the 'freeze plug' area. They put a full set of fake air fins on the RSV in order to get it to look like a HD Ultra. Stock plates from 1st gen Ventures/VMaxs don't fit.

I have without any remorse, heckled my RSV owing friends about this travesty.

Basically, no air cooled fins going on this one.

Picture is of RSV side covers.

Gary

Attachments

• 9006x.jpg
    9006x.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 62
You should use the red paint & polished bare-aluminum 'fins' on the valve-cover to carry-through the freeze-plug cover color scheme. I think the Venture valve cover can be used, you just have to carry-through the bike some subtle red/polished alloy surfaces, and you have polished alloy galore w/those polished engine side covers. They remind me of a 1960's Italian single, like a Benelli Barracuda, or a British parallel-twin, like a BSA A65.

I need to check the block I have and see. I thought it looked like the standard vmax lower cylinder covers would fit? I do know the block is case to fit/seal the Vmax covers as well as the differently shaped venture RS covers.

Sean

I need to check the block I have and see. I thought it looked like the standard vmax lower cylinder covers would fit? I do know the block is case to fit/seal the Vmax covers as well as the differently shaped venture RS covers.

Sean

Sean,

VMax will fit. I have a set from Python on Tweety that have V4 on them.

Funding is stretched right now with TCI buy in process.

Few more pictures with chrome valve covers one one side. Also rear downpipes setting on block. These are going to need to be modified. RSV frame in way. Front headers will fit OK, think.

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_1589s.jpg
    IMG_1589s.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC01148s.jpg
    DSC01148s.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC01147s.jpg
    DSC01147s.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC01146s.jpg
    DSC01146s.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC01141s.jpg
    DSC01141s.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC01139s.jpg
    DSC01139s.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 27
Those covers look great. I like the fake fins too. I think that I want a full set of RSV covers now!

Latest posts

Back