2 questions!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

underdog911

Reaction score
Guys and girls
I have an 88 vmax jon from ufo recently put new exhaust and did awesome job on carbs.bike runs great.
1.it does not have an an crankcase evauction hose but does have k&n filters and stage 7 jet kit.do i need a hose.or simple clamp on filter.if need one where to get.

2.jon said it was a 1300vmax is this special and any different.how can you tell.

Thanks for any input.
Jimmy

1300 vmax is "special". prolly bored or cammed or something along those lines (internal motor mod). :pics:

am interested in what was done if the PCV wasn't collected. is the hose "loose" spraying oil mist all over the place? are you saying that there is no hose going feeding back to the oil fill like what is typically seen on stage 7 kits?

2189568405c1003315b0.jpg

Ninjaneer
this hose but all that is there is knurled piece of aluminium opened up to atmosphere.
Jimmy
How do you pull up a pic to load from cell phone.i will have to load up from computer sorry.will get back to you.

Ninjaneer
what should be there like most is abraided line with red end.and one end goes into the bottle which feeds two two tubes into front carbs.but where it would connect to is only picece of aluminium. Threaded into housing on bottom.
jimmy

So what you are asking is not the crankcase breather but the clutch case breather instead. I think Sean can set you up on one of those. Don't you have the puke bucket attached to 2 of your clamp on filters and the the crankcase breather underneath the VBoost? Show pics

Guys and girls
I have an 88 vmax jon from ufo recently put new exhaust and did awesome job on carbs.bike runs great.
1.it does not have an an crankcase evauction hose but does have k&n filters and stage 7 jet kit.do i need a hose.or simple clamp on filter.if need one where to get.

2.jon said it was a 1300vmax is this special and any different.how can you tell.

Thanks for any input.
Jimmy

Could be a Royal Star / Venture 1300 motor , possibly converted over to VMax specs , or not converted .

Pic of my Summit Racing braided hose . End cap can be chrome or other colors , doesn't matter , your preference.

Attachments

• # 1 Group Chip 629.jpg
    # 1 Group Chip 629.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 52
So you're talking about this
picture.php

yep if it's missing, then Jon hosed you :rofl_200:. A piece of that Summit line that was previously mentioned will remedy the situation. Sean might have some.

I thought you said the oil separator (aka, puke can) was missing and figured that oil was misting your carbs.
466501_3511670587868_1154975066_32911517_1402307594_o.jpg

Rollie.....nice ride.....I could imagine it in any color:clapping:

This discussion goes nowhere without pics......to me it sounds like he has the braided line going up to no puke tank.

Anyway.....I've seen a couple stage 7 setups from different shops setup differently.
---the've run it to the puke tank and left the hoses hanging over the carbs...but they were running stacks with no filters.

---another did not run the evac line, and just put the filters on and stuck a smaller filter in the factory evac line.

And thats all we do on our inlines when we go pods.

Guys
Thanks for input the pic ninjaneer has is it.that hose is what i need.i have in topthe cannister your talking about. I just need the that connects the two.and i am working on pics.i got on phone need tranfer to computer.
Up load.
Thanks guys
Jimmy

Could be a Royal Star / Venture 1300 motor , possibly converted over to VMax specs , or not converted .

Pic of my Summit Racing braided hose . End cap can be chrome or other colors , doesn't matter , your preference.

Just one thing Rollie. You need to paint the forks bottoms to make it better... Otherwise very good looking mate... Those ZX9R are very cool especially with those 6 pot tokicos. Rare to find them with that hole spacing. If i remember well GSXR 1K from early 2000s have them...

Latest posts

Back