• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale 2010 Yamaha VMax For Sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an excellently bike to sell. I have taken care of this bike as if it was one of my children, probably better. It is 100% stock, I didn't need anything I couldn't do myself. It has, what some will think is high, 40,700 miles (ouch). I love it, so I ride it, that's only a little over 3,000 miles per year! I don't wheelie, burn-out or gear jam. Yeah, I road it fast, why else own one.
I just replaced all the brake discs and pads, flushed the system. I had to replace parts on the right side due to a slide out (scoop, muffler, front brake lever, small side-case cover, foot peg). Nothing but cosmetics, no mechanical or structural, I had the Yamaha shop look at it to be sure. Asking $9,400.

Attachments

• IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1095.jpg
    IMG_1095.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1095.jpg
    IMG_1095.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1097.jpg
    IMG_1097.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1103.jpg
    IMG_1103.jpg
  • IMG_1105.jpg
    IMG_1105.jpg
OK guys, no replies!!! 😕

Can I ask you what the price should be, I looked at postings in Fla. from a lot of sites and the prices were kind of all over the place, I selected somewhere in the middle.
Not sure if it's the slide-out or the mileage that affects the price the most. Or even the going price for 2010.
Any help will be really appreciated
Thanks.

If you're really itchin' to sell her, which I'm surprised you haven't already, maybe put listings in multiple places (if you haven't already). Craigslist and Cycletrader would be good places to start. Also, maybe your local Yamaha dealership would take her off your hands -- although you'd probably get fewer dollars in your pocket. Demand is cyclical and with warmer weather on its way [for places other than FL] I'm sure you'll get a bite sooner than later.

I have an excellently bike to sell. I have taken care of this bike as if it was one of my children, probably better. It is 100% stock, I didn't need anything I couldn't do myself. It has, what some will think is high, 40,700 miles (ouch). I love it, so I ride it, that's only a little over 3,000 miles per year! I don't wheelie, burn-out or gear jam. Yeah, I road it fast, why else own one.
I just replaced all the brake discs and pads, flushed the system. I had to replace parts on the right side due to a slide out (scoop, muffler, front brake lever, small side-case cover, foot peg). Nothing but cosmetics, no mechanical or structural, I had the Yamaha shop look at it to be sure. Asking $9,400.
Love the red heads. And it is the fastest colour

So, i think the price might be a lil high as well. Miles are ok. These things are meant to last 100k easily.
I just bought a 2014 for 8500$ with 9k miles.
I have seen a 2010 for sale for 8k, but the guy might take 6500/7k for it. It has 20k miles for reference

Its what the market will bear. Right now....still in winter, so bikes go a bit lower. Spring time is right around the corner and bike prices will go back up. Ask what you are asking and see what you get.

Thanks, here in FL, it’s starting to get hot, not riding weather for me, but for someone.
I’m going to try a few other sources before I drop the price.

I agree that the weather being not ideal in most of the country. I believe your price is in the range. The miles would be the one that gets me and I know these bikes should go over 100k with no problem. In my mind I would rather pay say $1500 more for a Max with 7k miles. l strongly agree with putting it on Cycletrader, Craigslist and FB Marketplace. I just sold my 14 Raider off Marketplace, it had 25k miles and I was asking premium price because of the condition and mods. Was about four months but I was in no hurry and ended up selling to a guy that lived about 5 miles from me. Good Luck!

I bought my 2010 back in July 2021 for 12,500 with 2100 miles on it 100% stock. I think you should leave it at what you’re asking unless you’re needing a fast sell.if it’s in good condition and someone wants one bad enough they’ll pay that.

You didn't mention why you are selling this. May I ask the reason?

I personally would be seeking the red version. Year would not matter as Gen2s are all the same I think.
I have a bike or two that has had tip over damaged. I grabbed them only because they were dirt cheap. I trust seller that there is no serious damage. I am in hot as Hades SW FL with mid to upper 90s. I ride year round but less in rainy season. 40k miles sounds like significant to me but the miles sound responsibly ridden.
I’d be all over that at $7,500 because I am Florida based too. I think $9k is possible with more time and exposure. Love that it is unmolested and I can molest it myself with Nash’s help.

I personally would be seeking the red version. Year would not matter as Gen2s are all the same I think.
I have a bike or two that has had tip over damaged. I grabbed them only because they were dirt cheap. I trust seller that there is no serious damage. I am in hot as Hades SW FL with mid to upper 90s. I ride year round but less in rainy season. 40k miles sounds like significant to me but the miles sound responsibly ridden.
I’d be all over that at $7,500 because I am Florida based too. I think $9k is possible with more time and exposure. Love that it is unmolested and I can molest it myself with Nash’s help.
I changed head gaskets, fork seals, starter clutch after 30 000 miles on my vmax 2007. Dont really like it. I wonder how 2gen hold this shit? 40 000 a lot for a bike, engine is ok, but little things...

Back