2nd Gen VMAX 2019 Black VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max_V_Max

Reaction score
VMax Year
Hello from Vancouver, Canada
My respect to the community!
My name is Max and I have long wanted to buy a VMax of the second generation and decided on this now, when it became clear that there would be no more such motorcycles and when the opportunity arose to buy one of the latest new VMaxes from the dealer, I did so. Before that I rode TDM850, ZX9R, R1, GSX1000R, CBR1000RR, SB1300, SB1000R and other bikes...
So I bought a brand new 2019 VMax 1700 last Friday and rode it 750km over the weekend...
I own a VMax now!... These are special experiences. After liter sportbikes, this is the Real Big Power Cruiser!

P.S. Sorry for a lot of photos, but I did not find the option to create albums. Maybe if there is one, please tell me.

Attachments

• IMG-0645.jpg
    IMG-0645.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-0664.jpg
    IMG-0664.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-0746.jpg
    IMG-0746.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG-0857.jpg
    IMG-0857.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG-0912.jpg
    IMG-0912.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-1016.jpg
    IMG-1016.jpg
    326.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-1150.jpg
    IMG-1150.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG-1152.jpg
    IMG-1152.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG-1159.jpg
    IMG-1159.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG-0845.jpg
    IMG-0845.jpg
    331.2 KB · Views: 46
Josh BARRETT
Nice bike buddy. So how you compare that to the liter bikes as far as raw power?

Thanks bro, While the bike is new and I don’t open the throttle more than 60%, but I already feel that at least the VMax is not inferior to liter bikes in dynamics 🚀

Last edited:
Anyone know what he said? Not being a smartass at all just have no idea what his response was.

So how does the vmax compare to the gsxr1000? Obviously in a straight line

So how does the vmax compare to the gsxr1000? Obviously in a straight line
Have you ridden the Gixxer? Both are powerful bikes, but the GSXR1000 is pure sport, different seating position, different bike weight, different riding feeling... the VMax is a power cruiser, the V4 feels very different from the inline-four and as I said, I ride the VMax using no more than 60% of the power when it's new.

All yea I've rode several gixer 1000s but I've never rode a gen 2 vmax so I was wondering straight line power how they compared.

A buddy and I are the only vmaxs I ever see where I live. Even the dealerships around the tri state area never has or had a gen 2 they always say they never received any or they received one or two but sold before they hit the showroom. I know it sounds crazy that 12 yrs or so I've never rode one but in the Martinsburg, West Virginia area and Virginia and Maryland no one has them anywhere and if you do see one it's in passing and very rare sighting.

Last edited:
All yea I've rode several gixer 1000s but I've never rode a gen 2 vmax so I was wondering straight line power how they compared.
I think other forum members will be able to tell more about this, especially those who have/had sportbikes. But the first thing that made me crazy, and what is really very different, is the weight of the VMax ... although, you forget about it when you ride ...

A buddy and I are the only vmaxs I ever see where I live. Even the dealership around the tri state area never has or had a gen 2 they always said they never received any or they received one or two but sold before they hit the showroom. I know it sounds crazy that 12 yrs or so I've never rode one but in the Martinsburg west Virginia area and Virginia and Maryland no one has them anywhere and if you do see one it's in passing and very rare sighting.
I've been living in Vancouver for 14 years now and have seen the VMax 1700 3 or 4 times, no more (I've also seen it at Yamaha dealers and a couple of times at bike shows) I've seen the VMax 1200 here not much too...
A rare beast.
For a few days of riding, many people came up and admired my bike. At the same time, almost no one knew what kind of motorcycle it was ... Only two guys knew that it was VMax, but at the same time they knew about it quite well.

It's crazy how many they made and still you barely see them at all and when you do most people have no idea what it is other then man that thing is a bad looking machine I bet it's fast.

I think other forum members will be able to tell more about this, especially those who have/had sportbikes. But the first thing that made me crazy, and what is really very different, is the weight of the VMax ... although, you forget about it when you ride ...
I've heard they are heavy like a tank but once your on it it's an awesome ride and you don't notice the weight and size as much until you stop. I'd love to ride one I got my name on a list in pretty much every dealership around my area that if they get one (obviously now it will be a used one) to call me. I'm not sure I'd buy it not that I have anything against it but I have two bikes now but I'd love to ride one

The awesome part about these bikes is no matter where you go and who or what's around people ALWAYS gravitate towards your bike, even if a damn fighter jet is sitting beside it. people either want to know what it is or they know what it is and the first thing they usually say is man thats a vmax you never see them anymore I've always wanted one or I had one they are nice bikes and are fast as hell. 😊

Three HD riders were checking out my max outside a food stop and I said something like don’t be hatin on my jap bike and one of them said, “no man, I’ve always wanted one of these and you just never see them.” We chatted a bit, and I left in trail of rubber just because.

Every time I think I want something else I realize that this is a once in a lifetime ride and I will only get something else when I save more for something else because I’m not getting rid of this bike.

I don’t see how this bike is heavy. All the weight is down low and very manageable. My kid has an R1, yeah that’s what I call super light, and he passes me after 150mph. Pisses him off, makes me laugh. I can outrun him in the curves but that’s age and experience. He’ll get me one day.

Back