22nd annual brute horsepower shootout

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish I could take all the credit but all I can say is John at PCW builds one hell of a motor.

[QUOTE=Rollie;244473]Marcus , how much $ to get a 190 H.P. all motor ?[/QUOTE]

You would have to talk to John @PCW. I purchased the bike second hand, I would say somewhere around the 8,000 to 10,000 dollar range. The build sheet for the complete bike was 25,000 dollars.

Marcus , how much $ to get a 190 H.P. all motor ?

I talked to John last year about giving my motor the same treatment as Marcus's has done and he was in the $8k range, give or take a bit and my motor already has his oiling system etc which add a bit of cost. $10k would not be out of the realm of possiblity.

Great numbers..
But damn...
Some of the guys on this forum bash the hell out the Gen II's for its cost... We have that much HP with minor mods, better handling, better brakes, no wobble, etc... just saying...
Flame suit on ;)

Agreed, when you drop $10k on an engine build and still don't have fuel injection it's a tough pill to swallow. BUT, that's also chain drive, lighter, and a far improved power to weight ratio. So, it would take a large chunk of cash on top of the gen 2 to keep up.

Sean

If you start with an older used Gen I,
When the Gen I's where new they costs a lot in the day as well. So all considered the cost fuss is not relevant in my book.
I think I paid $8500 ish (if I remember) for my new 98 in 98, which was expensive for a bike back then. Then add all that money into it....
Really does not matter though, its all about making it your own, if someone wants to spend $40,000 + on any bike, if they enjoy it, that's all that matters!

Great numbers..
But damn...
Some of the guys on this forum bash the hell out the Gen II's for its cost... We have that much HP with minor mods, better handling, better brakes, no wobble, etc... just saying...
Flame suit on ;)

Not bashing the Gen II but come on now I have yet seen a Gen II pull 208 hp on the dyno. As far better handling, better brakes, no wobble versus stock yes. I have two Gen I's, both of them handle better, stop better, and no wobble. I was going to buy a Gen II but I personally didn't like the way it handled, too heavy. As far as cost goes I paid $13,000 when I got the long rod bike not bad for a 200+hp bike. The one thing the Gen I has is a lot of history and a lot of style. I guess I'm just old school. :flamethrower:

Latest posts

Back