• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

300 Wheel Set For Shaft Drive, Black, 18 inch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1261

Reaction score
These 18" wheels came with a MadMax VMAX swingarm set I bought that went broke-dick real quick. The rear is 10 1/2" wide, spray-painted and the Avon 300 tire is 15 years old but has some tread left. The front wheel is powder coated and has a nice Shinko 150 tire with plenty of tread. The front wheel had a dent repaired but does not leak. No wobbling while riding. $1,000 plus actual shipping. Located in Silver Spring, MD. Email me at [email protected] with any questions. Thanks.

Attachments

• shaft5.jpg
    shaft5.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 63
  • shaft1.jpg
    shaft1.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 61
  • shaft4.jpg
    shaft4.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 61
  • shaft2.jpg
    shaft2.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 60
  • shaft3.jpg
    shaft3.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Pretty nice wheels. Never seen those before, good luck on the sale though.

Probably pretty pissed 300 super Fat max set up broke on you. That tire has a big contact patch sending a shitload of torque on all those gears.

Probably pretty pissed 300 super Fat max set up broke on you. That tire has a big contact patch sending a shitload of torque on all those gears.

Better to break the swingarm gearbox than the engine block.

IIRC, Sean was able to work with Jedi to get some similar swingarm issues straightened out for forum member CustomMax

Better to break the swingarm gearbox than the engine block.

IIRC, Sean was able to work with Jedi to get some similar swingarm issues straightened out for forum member CustomMax
Now I am wondering what issues those were. I thought Sean might have a set of gears for one.

We have made a couple of different versions to get better gears then pauls weld up versions. Not sure if he finally makes one piece ones yet or not? I don't make the wide kits like that (even though I think Paul thinks I am out there copying them lol).

Still looks like his weld up version. Glad it's been working well for you!

Likes like Gentsvmax is different than mine. I think mine is an early version Fatmax 230. Hard to make out if the pic of gears is dirt or gauling . Don’t believe there is any ability to adgust mesh and built in to gearset. Did not know some were weld up design Sean. I’ll look at mine close when I can. Obviously one piece would be preferable.

The gear box needed all the face plate mounting bolt hole's bottom tapped so that all equal length bolt's threaded in 1" deep, to be plumbed for a vent and a new bearing pressed in at the output side, I did all while it was open. My original u-joint was worn which wore the output shaft end of the little gear of the two. The new joint is tighter, I keep in mind that shaft is worn. It now holds 13 oz. of Royal Purple, up from 10, ran worm to the touch on these past 90+ degree days of cruising and highway riding. I love the look and the looks, and do all my own work, guess this is the price you pay. The block for my next build is a chain drive and Ill go no wider than 240....

Mine came vented. Ran with regular 90 wt gear oil. I’d don’t think I could keep my hand on it for very long after a ride. Actually sending mine out to Paul for some cosmetic milling and radiusing of sharp corners. Trying the build the fool-proof box for it now.

So, if you look at the top gear you'll see where there are various welds to put it all together. The weld on the left that was turned down ended up breaking (where the stock shaft was cut down and welded into the stack up of parts). We made it all as one billet part. That eventually had the chain fail so we did a redesign and converted to the triplex chain setup. Now it's bullet proof. I do have the original billet set for the link belt chain if anyone needs them.

Attachments

• Billet Replacement Gears for Mad Max Wide Kit.jpg
    Billet Replacement Gears for Mad Max Wide Kit.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20170920_150918274.jpg
    IMG_20170920_150918274.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 18
  • image (1).png
    image (1).png
    478.3 KB · Views: 18
  • image.png
    image.png
    546.3 KB · Views: 19
The Frankinsteen gear up top left is scary! The triplex is some beautiful machine work, are they swap -able for slightly different ratio's?

We have only made the one set but i am sure we could make another to any desired spec

Back