400 sandpaper for master br. cyl.?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me of article I read a few years ago where a driver was stopped in South Africa for driving a car with no steering wheel but had something like this.

Screenshot_20211118-180236.jpg

"Brake adventure" goes on. They shipped 14mm cylinder, which I will install and see how it works. Old cyl is 12mm, if I measured correctly, there should be improvement. And I will order another cyl.

"Brake adventure" goes on. They shipped 14mm cylinder, which I will install and see how it works. Old cyl is 12mm, if I measured correctly, there should be improvement. And I will order another cyl.
14mm is nearly 1/2" (25.4mm=1'") while the VMax is 5/8" bore (15.875mm). You need a 16mm bore or the 5/8". A 5/8" bore is 0.992% of 16mm so essentially that's OK (the 16mm). If you want a time-waster, install the 14mm, or do what you should have done, and order the correct size.

I ordered 16mm twice. They sent me wrong cylinder, second seller admitted 14 before shipping (advertised as 16mm)
14mm=9/16", just a little tighter, but works OK on 9/16" bolts.

Update: installing 14mm in place of old 12mm. I ordered 16mm 3rd time.

Last edited:
Back