A Good Deal?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gentsvmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is on ebay. Such a thing as too good a deal? Even if it is a Chinese kit," too much sugar for a dime"
29.77, ships from Kentucky.
s-l1600.jpg

My suggestion is that for that kinda $, it's worth buying one for a spares kit. I'd compare the dimensions of the jets and the needle to OEM when you get it, to ensure that you aren't using out-of-spec parts, which then have you going crazy, trying to figure-out, "why isn't this running right?" The pilot jet doesn't appear to be identical, and one jet block rubber plug appears to be missing. Are they including a selection of main jets? It appears that may-be the case.

Just the jet block gasket and the slide diaphragm, with the float valve, whose seat I don't see, and the misc. O-rings, makes it a deal. I've rebuilt a handful of VMax carb racks, and I don't recall ever-having to replace the float bowl gasket.

Last edited:
Great minds! LOL, I think Ill contact the seller and ask about the missing plug and source info, if I may and just might order one.

Great minds! LOL, I think Ill contact the seller and ask about the missing plug and source info, if I may and just might order one.

Yeah, those plugs rarely need replacement, so for the enrichener diaphragm, the O-rings, the float needle valve, the air bleed needle ass'y, and the jet block gasket, it's a deal; I wouldn't mess-around with the CV slide diaphragm unless yours has holes/rips. I've used the K&L kits before, but I never-saw one as-complete as this one.

Back