A Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Carb/Tuning' started by gentsvmax, Mar 27, 2020.

Help Support VMAX Motorcycle Forum by donating:

1. Mar 27, 2020 #1

gentsvmax

gentsvmax

gentsvmax

This is on ebay. Such a thing as too good a deal? Even if it is a Chinese kit," too much sugar for a dime"
    29.77, ships from Kentucky.
    [​IMG]

2. Mar 28, 2020 #2

Fire-medic

Fire-medic

Fire-medic

My suggestion is that for that kinda $, it's worth buying one for a spares kit. I'd compare the dimensions of the jets and the needle to OEM when you get it, to ensure that you aren't using out-of-spec parts, which then have you going crazy, trying to figure-out, "why isn't this running right?" The pilot jet doesn't appear to be identical, and one jet block rubber plug appears to be missing. Are they including a selection of main jets? It appears that may-be the case.

Just the jet block gasket and the slide diaphragm, with the float valve, whose seat I don't see, and the misc. O-rings, makes it a deal. I've rebuilt a handful of VMax carb racks, and I don't recall ever-having to replace the float bowl gasket.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  3. Mar 28, 2020 #3

gentsvmax

gentsvmax

gentsvmax

Great minds! LOL, I think Ill contact the seller and ask about the missing plug and source info, if I may and just might order one.

4. Mar 29, 2020 #4

Fire-medic

Fire-medic

Fire-medic

Yeah, those plugs rarely need replacement, so for the enrichener diaphragm, the O-rings, the float needle valve, the air bleed needle ass'y, and the jet block gasket, it's a deal; I wouldn't mess-around with the CV slide diaphragm unless yours has holes/rips. I've used the K&L kits before, but I never-saw one as-complete as this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted