ABS light on

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xantonin

Reaction score
Well, I just got this bike and didn't notice the ABS light wasn't supposed to stay on all the time. I downloaded the service manual and will be browsing it, but wanted to see if anyone had experience first.

Any suggestions on where to start on troubleshooting ABS issues? Thanks.

Any suggestions on where to start on troubleshooting ABS issues? Thanks.
I know I'm stating the bleedin' obvious but the Service Manual Section 8 p80 would seem to be a good place?
That will take you through in a logical sequence so you are more likely to get a correct diagnosis first time.

I could have sworn I tested the bike, but long story short, the ABS did actually go away when driving. I must have just not been paying attention on the first ride.

When I got mine, the ABS light was on for a couple of days. Then it cleared and has stayed off except for startup for four years.

Gremlins.

Does your Vmax have an LED integrated tail light installed?

When I had a 2011, the abs light turned off as soon as the electronics cycled through all it's functions. My 2020 has the light on until the bike is moving, around 3 or 4 mph. It's always done that, brand new. About a few hundred miles after changing the tires, it stayed on. This was about the time I did that brake test with the looped wire. That seems to have cured it.

I think its something to do with emi. (Electromagnetic interface) with the rear speed sensor. And new led taillights🤷‍♂️ my opinion
It's a weird glitch that happens with the integrated tail lamp installed. Everyone that has the integrated tail light seems to have this issue (me included).

Back