Accelerating after 5th gear and felt a bump feeling ??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasj

Reaction score
I was passing a couple of cars today just left from my house and went into 5th and as I was just letting it pull hard I felt a bump feeling . Im sure it wasnt the engine . I have stage 7 morley kit and did the double D clutch mod over a year ago. In the back of my mind Ive always been worried if when doing the double that I tightened the bolts up enough when installing that. I feel like I did. Could this be a shaft issue possibly ? I kept riding and I would accelerate pretty decent around town in lower gears but didnt experience it again . I accelerated pretty hard in 5th on the way home and felt nothing but I didnt stay in it like before when I noticed it . Any ideas ??

I was passing a couple of cars today just left from my house and went into 5th and as I was just letting it pull hard I felt a bump feeling . Im sure it wasnt the engine . I have stage 7 morley kit and did the double D clutch mod over a year ago. In the back of my mind Ive always been worried if when doing the double that I tightened the bolts up enough when installing that. I feel like I did. Could this be a shaft issue possibly ? I kept riding and I would accelerate pretty decent around town in lower gears but didnt experience it again . I accelerated pretty hard in 5th on the way home and felt nothing but I didnt stay in it like before when I noticed it . Any ideas ??

Looks like you have an aftermarket pipe. Do you still have the centerstand?
I'm thinking pinion nut.

Yeah, feels like a gear slip? Same happened to me and needed replacement rear final drive.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

No, it's the rear pumpkin on left side of wheel hub. Will need to remove 4 bolts and remove from swimgarm to inspect.

rear final drive.. you mean replacing 5th gear ?
oh ok your talking about that rear chunk. Is it ok to keep riding it until it completely breaks or should I go ahead and change ? Any tips on getting another one ? Is it simple to change out ? thanks

Not sure if I'd keep riding. Sean Morley or CaptainKyle can help you out. It's easy to replace, use center stand. Remove axle nut and washer then 4 bolts and pull it off swingarm.

Not sure if I'd keep riding. Sean Morley or CaptainKyle can help you out. It's easy to replace, use center stand. Remove axle nut and washer then 4 bolts and pull it off swingarm.

Ok , sounds simple enough. thanks a lot !

Sure. Be careful taking pumpkin off and drive shaft may stay in ujoint. Otherwise will have to slip it back in.

Ok so what your saying is to detach the drive shaft from the pumpkin so I don't pull the whole shaft out . Glad to know that.

Ok so what your saying is to detach the drive shaft from the pumpkin so I don't pull the whole shaft out . Glad to know that.
Yeah, you got it.

He's referring to the rear axle area differential case assembly, not the transmission.

oops, sorry, I didn't notice the 2nd page responses.

Latest posts

Back