af screw has no affect

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmullins

Reaction score
Have to carbs all of the sudden when I turn the af srew all the way I or out has no affect is there somthing plugged

Low speed circuit / idle jet is likely blocked... Try draining the float bowl into a cup or jar, Philip's screw is on the right side of each carb. Drain hose sticks out each side, left and right. See if there are any tiny black particles in what drains. If so, you may want to turn the key on and kinda flush the carb out. It may tale several times... Or, it may be totally blocked.... Ethanol???

Good Luck,

Ok start the bike pull spark plug wire 3 & 4 of makes know difference how it runs plugs are getting great spark while its running choke out 3 & 4 with my hand does nothind but if I do it to 1&2 will kill it immediately

Back to what I said above, been there and done this more than 1 time before getting both bikes to run right.... Carbs could be overflowing too but the procedure above will work for both problems. Again, are you running Untreated Ethanol and is the fuel a few weeks or more old?

New gas been riding it and messing with it. Took out the af screw looks old and crusty and needle valve and seat screen was full I think I need to have them gone through.

Last edited:
Sean Morley is in Kansas... one2dmax here on the Forum... Carb Expert and a lot more...

I had the same issue due to an over flooding carb.
I finally fixed it after changing needle valve which I did checked that time when I rebuilt my carbs.

Back