Aftermarket rear shocks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m window shopping for new shocks, ohlins are out of my price range unless I stumble on a pair that needs “work”. YSS and bitubo piggyback shocks are ones that seem to be priced at the top of my budget. Are there any good alternatives? I’d like to be able to handle curves at 75+ without my rear wheel skipping

Attachments

• IMG_0407.png
    IMG_0407.png
    557.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0408.png
    IMG_0408.png
    448.3 KB · Views: 1
I’m window shopping for new shocks, ohlins are out of my price range unless I stumble on a pair that needs “work”. YSS and bitubo piggyback shocks are ones that seem to be priced at the top of my budget. Are there any good alternatives? I’d like to be able to handle curves at 75+ without my rear wheel skipping
I put YSS shocks on my Dyna low rider,1 inch over stock, and they made a huge improvement in handling. I expect they would do the same for a VMAX. They will custom value the shocks for your weight and riding style.

FYI, your Gen. 1 shocks are 13" O.C. eye-to-eye. Going shorter compromises your cornering clearance.

YSS also do cheaper non piggyback types. I put some on my trike. progressive springs in the front end also big improvement (just for info).

I've been looking at Fox and even though I don't like anything from China, the Arashi Ohlin copy piggy back. They are around 2 c-notes, but better than stock? Or throwing money away. It's a little aesthetics too.

Not sure if the Arashi have only rebound damping adjustment or both compression and rebound damping adjustments like the Ohlins.

View attachment 93232
Id love to put Ohlins on, a car modified this moto into a bobber, so the rear shocks really stand out, just not wanting to spend a grand on them, and the YSS aren't a whole lot cheaper, soooooo..........

Back