Age of Vmax owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I've had my 86 max for 15 years I bought it as a project bike, it was pretty rough and I've made mods that suit me like lowering the seat hight, put the filler cap onto the tail piece and every year it changes slightly to suit me I'll be 70 in just 13 days but I just Love my max

I’m going to be 45 in September. I got my 95 Max in 2014. My first bike was a 2001 R6 that I bought new, second bike was a 2001 Suzuki Volusia (talk about a dog of a motorcycle), & the Max is my third. I’ve also had 3 CB750’s that I’ve fixed and flipped but never rode.

I am 58, started at 8 on mini bikes and go carts and have had at least one bike every since then. Had an 85(first year) VMax. At present 14 Raider, 16 VMax and may pick up an 04 Warrior. 😎

I am 40 got my 2014 Vmax in July 2020. I had 2012 Stryker. It is a fun bike, but like everyone else, the downside is the range. Want to do aftermarket tank.

Attachments

• 20016.jpeg
    20016.jpeg
    225.5 KB · Views: 2

First bike was a Yamaha YZ 80 dirt bike when I was 12.

First street bike was a new Honda 450 Nighthawk in 1985. Followed that up with a new Gen1 ZX11 Kawasaki in 1990. Sold it in '93 when I moved back to Atlanta because I needed the money figuring I'd get another bike in a few months to a year later.

I never did.

Until 2007 when I bought the Vmax I still ride.

I'll be 70 in September, first bike a Honda Super 90 in 1965, then a slew of BSA's, Honda's and HD's until the ultimate Max in 05, new.

New member here now 54, started riding and wrenching on bikes at around age 13 on a 74 Harley X-90, went through various dirt bikes, 71 Honda CL-450, 77 Yamaha XS-650D. Got back into riding 4 yrs ago with a project bike, 81 CB650C. Just picked up an 03 Max. Love it, love the forum. You guys are great.

A damn young 62. Feel good. Not in my prime, but enough left not to worry walking downtown with my girl.

Too many motorcycles to list - or remember. Mostly Japanese, mostly big bore. Several British machines in the 70s. Held onto a 71 Bonneville for 37 years. Divorce lost it for me. Still cry over that one.

Every one has been ridden hard, but loved and respected. I am lucky enough to have acquired a bit of a stable again, and I do not take it for granted. Enjoying every minute of it - with a close eye on the cooler weather coming in Phoenix at which point I come alive in the shop again.

Held onto a 71 Bonneville for 37 years. Divorce lost it for me. Still cry over that one.
Ouch. Big time.

Have you seen the new Bonneville's? It's really cool how they've kept them retro looking, right down to making a fuel injection that looks exactly like the old carburetors. They're sweet rides.

Geez... 38..... Bought my ‘97 6 years ago. Kinda hard to get on anything else at this point. Acquired my dad’s ‘05 Slow King earlier this year which is by no means any comparison however, it is nice not having to stop at the gas station every 100 miles or so. I’m starting to feel that it’s intentional to make you get off and stretch anyway!

Turned 59 this year, got my 85 sight unseen as a project from ebay new york 15 years ago. Have a FZ1 to help stop piling up the millage on the max, and when I hit the twistys up north.
A 68 BSA spitfire in pieces in a corner of the garage. Biggest regret....selling my 78 GS 1000 with the ATP turbo kit ala Cycle World cover bike in the mid 80s.

Hi everyone, 44 here and a newbie to this forum... plus new owner of a Gen 1 Vmax 🙂 still getting my head around it though... have been with my Magna since 2004 occasionally but this Vmax is making me ride more now...

Turned 66, 45 days ago. First bike was a Triumph 200 when I was 14. Had a lot of bikes. Raced moto and cross country for a bit in my teens. Bought a Suz 750 while in AF Pilot Training. Everytime I looked at the speedo it said 85. Sold it before I moved to England in '85 and before I killed myself. Bought my '06 VMax a year ago to get reacquainted with my son (I wasn't around much when he was growing up...always flying someplace else) who just retired from the Coast Guard and bought a backwards tricycle, but the COVID killed our plans for this summer...but next year....

Turned 66, 45 days ago. First bike was a Triumph 200 when I was 14. Had a lot of bikes. Raced moto and cross country for a bit in my teens. Bought a Suz 750 while in AF Pilot Training. Everytime I looked at the speedo it said 85. Sold it before I moved to England in '85 and before I killed myself. Bought my '06 VMax a year ago to get reacquainted with my son (I wasn't around much when he was growing up...always flying someplace else) who just retired from the Coast Guard and bought a backwards tricycle, but the COVID killed our plans for this summer...but next year....

56 here on vmax 2 and 3 started with an 82Maxim 1100 then an 02 max. Currently have a 95 max and a 17 max love them

66 today, 1 September. Bought a 92 Max 1200 3 months ago. I'm a shorty so getting things setup. Fwd controls coming. LED lighting/ indicators, digital speedo, paint job. Also have a Vstar 1100 with much lower centre of gravity. Used to own Ducati GT750 in the 70s. sold it for 1200, they're now worth upwards of 30 grand (Australian). Sheesh, if only we knew. 20200708_000256.jpg

Back