Age of Vmax owners

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up my first 91 Vmax at 19 yrs old, bought my 09 when I was 31, and my current 2018 was a 40th bday present to myself. I’m 41, and did 155 last night while riding through Mexico....

Purchased my first VMax this weekend; 20th anniversary edition. I turned 40 last month and realized my 1983 Goldwing Aspencade GL1100 was too much of a production with which to buzz around town. Great bike, but it got boring. I woke up a couple weeks ago and recalled back in college (UW-LAX) seeing a VMax and thinking it was one of the coolest bikes and always wanting one. My first bike was a pull start mini bike (thanks Dad), followed by a Honda CT90, Yamaha endoro125, Virago, V45 Magna, 1976 CB750f (still own), Goldwing, and now a VMax. Hoping it's as reliable as my Goldwing and CB750.

I was 48 in Apr when I got my 2018.
First bike.....ever.

...and now I am 49

Bought her new right after my divorce in 2000 lol. Great trade,, first bike was Cushman eagle,,then Honda 90 sl,,, then hands 305 super hawk,,,then Yamaha 650 twin,,,then Yamaha 1100 midnight special,,Suzuki cavalcade,,,,V MAX...the end. I be 60 in a couple months

Bought her new right after my divorce in 2000 lol. Great trade,, first bike was Cushman eagle,,then Honda 90 sl,,, then hands 305 super hawk,,,then Yamaha 650 twin,,,then Yamaha 1100 midnight special,,Suzuki cavalcade,,,,V MAX...the end. I be 60 in a couple months

I was a real maniac as a kid.....I jumped right to the 8 HP Honda S 90. :D My first bike.

Last edited:
My first bike was a Sears Moped, then a few Honda 305 Hawks and Scramblers. Then cam the Norton 750 and at the same time I worked for a Suzuki dealer and rode everything they had. Then a couple of years with no bike but many Corvettes. Then the VMAX came out in 85 and I wanted it but waited until 2001 and bought a 2000 with 650 miles. Then I customized Harleys for a dealership and moved so I sold my MAX. I just bought my second VMAX this year - it is a 1993 with 7900 miles. I am 68 years young.

Impressive first bike!!!! Glad you have been safe.
Thanks, sir.
She is a rather friendly dragon. Hyperspace is always available, but I have found you really gotta mean it to go there.

.....and then there is the likely fact that I am prolly THE slowest VMAX pilot ever.
<shrugs>
Still havin' a blast !!

IMG_2490 - Small.jpg It seems that many of us are around the 60ish age (like me).

I wonder if there will be glut of used Vmax for sale in 15 years.

I'm gonna try to take care of myself so I can take advantage of it! Maybe that's my opportunity to upgrade to second gen (at 75?).

-Mike

Turned 60 in September. Had my 2009 for 7 years. What an adrenaline rush. Rode Harley's since I was a teenager. Just couldn't resist the 2nd gen and finally gave in. I am 6'7", 340 lbs and my size is an afterthought every time I twist the throttle.

56 and got my 1st max. 20 year edition with 6500 miles. Very fun bike. This gives me 3 yamaha, 2 Honda, 1 suzuki and 1 kawasaki. My wife thinks I have a problem. I do. Garage is to small.

I'm 58, got my first gen 1 max 7 years ago. Never looked back. Quirky, powerful, old school style and unique. Perfect.

So I might be the oldest fool to buy one...I sold my Busa in 08 but have always missed the rush that I don't get on my Screamin Eagle...Love it.

Back