air scoops with l.e.d.s?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be careful....Most states won't let you run red or blue lighting...........

yeah, NY is one of them..... but i don't care, lol ...... i'll be sure to put them on a toggle, just incase, and maybe with my powertrip army riding jacket they may not bother me, lol. seems how i blew by a state trooper doing 65 in a 55, i never let off, lol. if they are dim enough to be seen, and not bright they may not bother me. and it seems i opened a can of worms, lol. i just posted this last night, lol...... i'm pretty sure i saw somebody with red, but i'm not 100% sure.

i'm not sure the law would really mind if the yamaha was lit up, they won't see it from in front or behind you...... they would have to be looking at you from the side...... i still might do it, all they can say is you can't have those, then i'll go with a black light.

i'm not sure the law would really mind if the yamaha was lit up, they won't see it from in front or behind you...... they would have to be looking at you from the side...... i still might do it, all they can say is you can't have those, then i'll go with a black light.

or maybe neon green.

We are working on one we did some green LEDs a few years back but it's currently back to just the opening of the letters. The easiest way to get the scoop ready is simply sand the back down until you open up the letters. Gives a nice crisp line without having to try and grind the letters out.

This seems the bezt answer .However. you would lose the center of the a in yamaha...as theres no meat left to hold it on.
The rest of letters would look good. .although maybe just losin that lil part of the a ..wldnt b so bad in grand scheme of things. ..

Jmo?..

This seems the bezt answer .However. you would lose the center of the a in yamaha...as theres no meat left to hold it on.
The rest of letters would look good. .although maybe just losin that lil part of the a ..wldnt b so bad in grand scheme of things. ..

Jmo?..

Form Plexiglas behind the letters, and superglue the centers of the A's in the appropriate spots. That way, you have the clear window that spells out "YAMAHA"

In Maine, the laws allow you to have whatever coloring, as long as you are not operating it on the road. If on the road, it can only be auxiliary marker lights. Half the time, they do not bother you if it aint blue, or appear to be flashing like an emergency vehicle.

I hear that here in Mass the Staties will pull you over for any colors & the locals don't care so much.....I haven't tried to prove out this rumor yet......

Form Plexiglas behind the letters, and superglue the centers of the A's in the appropriate spots. That way, you have the clear window that spells out "YAMAHA"

thats what i was thinking, i was maybe gonna sand the plexiglass to kinda give it a stained look..... to many possibilites. maybe i'll try both, smooth and sanded and see what i get. i have access to all kinds of tools. buddy of mine owns a body shop.

thats what i was thinking, i was maybe gonna sand the plexiglass to kinda give it a stained look..... to many possibilites. maybe i'll try both, smooth and sanded and see what i get. i have access to all kinds of tools. buddy of mine owns a body shop.

I think the best way wld be to gritblast (sandblast) the back side.. that way the front appears smoov n glassy..yet an led light shining through a thin edge ..picks up and "bounces" off the blasted peaks n valleys...and shines lookin at either side..smooth or blasted.

Id like to see someone whos sanded thru the yamaha letters from the back of scoop.
Like how good the edges look. ..

T

Latest posts

Back