Anyone fitted 40mm Mikuni flat slides?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i've got those. I think i switched to 165 (may even be 155 now)mains. I'm using Henny Raats filter adaptors and running K&N air filters. I have the Topham adaptors as well that I'm not using that i would sell if you want to go with no filter set up. My bike is at PCW now so i can't confirm carb sizes at the moment

I have 39mm flats and would like to put on k&n filters. where can i get the adapters to fit the filters to my flatslides??

Ever hear of anyone building and airbox with one large square filter on the top? Something like Morleys Kit

I have 39mm flats and would like to put on k&n filters. where can i get the adapters to fit the filters to my flatslides??

Ever hear of anyone building and airbox with one large square filter on the top? Something like Morleys Kit

You still need the velocity stacks, even inside an airbox, else you will lose around 20 bhp. Remember the standard airbox has stacks incorporated into it. If you want to fit individual K&Ns then those need to go on top of your stacks somehow.

Boysens won't work with the Mikunis (I think)..I'll have to check on stack length..have'nt played around with that

I swapped my exhaust to a handmade sidewinder 4 into 4 stainless system and that is working a lot better. The bottom end is fine. The midrange is almost there, but it won't accept full throttle in upper mid range or top end. Think it's running lean because the problem is more noticable when the bike is warmed up and the temp gauge is reading higher than normal. Also works better with Vboost engaged. Am currently on 180 Mikuni mains, so will increase this perhaps to 190s and see if that cures it.

Greeting; I had a aquaintance that had your set up. His ran great with a awsome mid range on a stock motor. He could do second gear wheelies by just smackin it open alittle, I don't think 40mm is too big for 1200cc. Don't see them around much, so expensive. sandy

Latest posts

Back