Anyone have or use 80MM Tach/speedo?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ams21ams

Reaction score
I'm changing the gauges in my gauge pod and am looking for a tach setup.
I don't want to lose my mini windshield and don't want a 5" tach.

I've been google hunting and found Motogadget and SPA Techniques. Both offer a 80mm combo unit that I can mod into the speedo housing, but they're real expensive (the Motogadget is hot, but not for 675 Bucks!)....
Anyone use anything different?

As of now, I'm planning on temp and oil in the pod, keeping stock indicator lamps, and a digital voltmeter in pod too........
That leaves me minus a tachometer!!!!!

Any ideas?
Andy

Send a PM to lankeeyankee on this forum - he has some kick-ass gauges he's built for several peeps on here already.

I have an SPA. took two speedo to make ot work. seems like everyone takes 2 or 3 speedos to make it work. Can be costly. they are a pain in the ass to make them work

I'm changing the gauges in my gauge pod and am looking for a tach setup.
I don't want to lose my mini windshield and don't want a 5" tach.

I've been google hunting and found Motogadget and SPA Techniques. Both offer a 80mm combo unit that I can mod into the speedo housing, but they're real expensive (the Motogadget is hot, but not for 675 Bucks!)....
Anyone use anything different?

As of now, I'm planning on temp and oil in the pod, keeping stock indicator lamps, and a digital voltmeter in pod too........
That leaves me minus a tachometer!!!!!

Any ideas?
Andy

If you are interested I can build you a Tach. Water, Oil all in your pod for 550.00.. send me a message if you are interested. Currently I am at a 4 wk turn around on gauge setups.

I know. I've been following your work ever since I posted on the VMOA about installing a triple gauge set that I saw on sale!!
In fact, I think that's how I first found this forum.......I think it was Mark who originally pointed me in your direction ..and THIS forum..

Anyway, I would love to be able to afford it!!! They're friggin NICE!
I already ordered Ultralites and have a used pod coming from ebay
I sent you a PM ......
Got anything for a speedo mod? Or a combo Tach deal?

I know. I've been following your work ever since I posted on the VMOA about installing a triple gauge set that I saw on sale!!
In fact, I think that's how I first found this forum.......I think it was Mark who originally pointed me in your direction ..and THIS forum..

Anyway, I would love to be able to afford it!!! They're friggin NICE!
I already ordered Ultralites and have a used pod coming from ebay
I sent you a PM ......
Got anything for a speedo mod? Or a combo Tach deal?

The OEM Speedo works great in my opinion. The only problem is that it only goes to 155. That would be my only reason for changing it. The back facing on the OEM Speedo matches close to the aftermarket gauges.. I havent messed with the speedo and housing sorry.. Most like the tach w/ shiftlite built in to the pod for a neat clean look to where some prefer the monster tach look which is a little more radical race look.
Gauges arent cheap! Yes you can buy cheap gauges,, but these cheap gauges / tach were built for inside of a car which isnt exposed to moisture or the extreme shock / vibaration a motorcycle takes. Some here have purchased low cost cheaply made chinese tachs for under 65.00.. Thats there thing.. good luck when washing your bike, or in a rain storm..
Basic triple gauge setups start at 250.00 and go up to around 550.00 depending on setup.. 250 is triple gauges...LED indicators, manual fan switch, powder coat backplate.. So by the time the materails are purchased,, labor involved, powder coat etc. I dont make a killing of this setup..
Its a great mod to do since the VMAX gauges arent really accurate and hard to view while riding.. I sell my setup at a very reasonable cost. Check around Cycleone sells gauge setup and I believe a 3 gauge starts at around 700.00

Motogadget tach from motrgdget direct is $510.00 USD at todays exchange rate.

Back