Anyone ride with someone that has a KTM 1290?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgswss

Reaction score
Im just wondering if any of you ride with someone that has a KTM 1290. On paper, it looks like a hell of a bike. But we all know what the data sheet sz is not always what showed up on the road.

Thanks
Craig

I don't ride with someone who has one but I know a couple of people who bought them that don't live near me. They are fun bikes but completely different than a VMax.

Just recently a member here contacted me with a couple of questions......here is part of his message to me:

"Yeah the only negative thing about the VMAX is backing out of my driveway which is stone it is a monster. I have been on KTMs for 7 years had several liter and bigger modified sport bikes but the VMAX is just unreal I can’t believe how it handles that’s one thing that amazes me the most. I’m bored of the power now so next step was ECU reflash exhaust and nitrous."

I used to ride with a friend who had one. He was 6'10" tall so when he bought it, he said they would have to build the seat up to fit him. They did, he rode. He had no problem showing liter bikes who was faster on the straights or twisties. I could no way stay with him. Awesome bike! P.S. He has dirt bikes to crusiers so he did know how to ride.

I used to ride a bit with Vmax mike. I have a feeling he may ride a little with a fat old man on a KTM in the near future. We will have to wait and ask him (G)

I rode with 2 of my buddies with identical KTM's. They are really fast, and these guys really know how to ride. I cannot hang with them in the twisties, but when we hit a straight, I am able to keep the pace, or even reel them in a little. One of the guys also has a Ducatti Diavel, and he loves the KTM more. But, we had another buddy who has a gurued Vmax, and he rides and even passes the guy with the Diavel. I just enjoy my life too much to ride with those guys.

Back