Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome ulyrider!

Not everyone appreciates the satisfaction of overcoming the challenges and making something out of nothing- even when it may not make sense financially or in labor.

I can relate to it. :cool:

We're looking forward to pictures and posts of your progress.

Hey ladies and gents, just joined and I have owned a max since 03. I have 14 thousand on the clock and haven't put my foot on the peg for two yrs but of I went out today and she called me me back by just sitting on it... Gotta touch some things before putting her back on the road. I'm glad to find a site like this

Hey all, new Vmax owner but long time rider. I decided it was time for a new hot rod, rode them all and locked down on my new 2020 Vmax. Loving the bike, especially up here in the Black Hills of SD. riding season is shorter than other places but when you have a Vmax it makes up for it. Own many different styles of rides but this hot rod is it for me. When the wife is with we normally cruise the big wheel bagger (HD), for nostalgic rides I dig out the 68 Triumph Bonneville, and when I really want to crack my back its the 04 Big Dog rigid chopper. Which led me to my Vmax, IT HAS A REAR SHOCK and huge horsepower. Retired Air Force so I'm not 30yrs old anymore, I need a shock. Digging the bike and looking forward to rubbing knees through the Black Hills. Already removed mirrors to bar end type, license plate relocate and turn signals, also just added Mr.Kemps halo kit. Can't wait to do more.

Hello to all fellow Vmax dreamers and riders!
Im just a dreamer yet, have been since my uncle gave me a poster of his new bike:the "fastest bike in production in 1985", is what he told me anyway and I think thats true? I wish I still had that poster, it hung in my bedroom thru high school...
Im about to finally purchase one and would like some input from y'all.
I am a died-in-the-wool do-it-yourselfer and enjoyed bringing my 85 Yamaha Maxim XJ700 back to rip roaring life but now its time to get bigger. So my query is opinion between 2 bike options:

1993 Vmax 15k miles from a dealer, so very clean and shiny $3000
or
2000 VMax 50k miles private party and been parked in the barn, not shiny at all... $2600

Looks have not ever been of main concern in the past but for some reason I do want my Vmax to turn heads and command the respect I think she deserves! Thus the value Im putting on the shiny one. But its 7 years older (tho less miles) but I dont know how much of a diff the years make in this bike.

Any thoughts?
Age and beauty and less miles?
OR
7 years Newer and 35k more miles and elbow grease?

Thx for reading so far and hope to be pouring over this forum like crazy to keep my bike in top form.

Im just a dreamer yet, have been since my uncle gave me a poster of his new bike:the "fastest bike in production in 1985", is what he told me anyway and I think thats true? I wish I still had that poster, it hung in my bedroom thru high school...
I am a died-in-the-wool do-it-yourselfer and enjoyed bringing my 85 Yamaha Maxim XJ700 back to rip roaring life but now its time to get bigger. So my query is opinion between 2 bike options:

or
2000 VMax 50k miles private party and been parked in the barn, not shiny at all... $2600

Looks have not ever been of main concern in the past but for some reason I do want my Vmax to turn heads and command the respect I think she deserves! Thus the value Im putting on the shiny one. But its 7 years older (tho less miles) but I dont know how much of a diff the years make in this bike.

Any thoughts?
OR

Thx for reading so far and hope to be pouring over this forum like crazy to keep my bike in top form.
I would seriously look at the clean 93 for a clean base to start with but its kinda fun to do it yourself too. The bikes to me are almost identical almost.... I cant remember what yr yamaha upgraded the front forks

New owner of a 2005 20th Anniversary edition Vmax with only 5300 miles, I’ve been riding bikes all my life, but always dreamed of owning one of these. This bike has the full 4,2,1 Kerker system, besides having to repack the pipe, the bike runs great. I did have to replace the 15 year old Dunlop’s, kind of scary
Look forward to learning more about this bike
Thanks

Attachments

• 2A040CDC-FB9F-4D84-A960-22D06BE5BAF9.jpeg
    2A040CDC-FB9F-4D84-A960-22D06BE5BAF9.jpeg
    192.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 05EF2BC2-C2F0-4149-9760-AE139BDCF224.jpeg
    05EF2BC2-C2F0-4149-9760-AE139BDCF224.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 21

or

Any thoughts?
OR

I personally would go for the low millage 1993.....if that's the year they upgraded the forks and brakes.
Millage is like age, you never get younger.

Hi Everyone
Have been a V-Max lover since they first appeared in 80's but never had the chance to own one till now, i have had bikes on and off from 1980 and now i am the proud/crazy owner of a low mileage 1987 Red Full power canadian import, I will ride it till the winter sets in here in the UK then it will be have a total ground up nut and bolt rebuild so it will look just like it did the day it left the factory in 1987 with no mods just totally stock.
so let the fun begin....
V-MAX.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all,
I’m a new owner of a 2012 vmax with 7000 miles. I also own a 99 Suzuki intruder 1500. I’ve always had older bikes 1100 or more. I love this new vmax. It is insanely fast. Best purchase by far

Welcome to the family, alot of good people here with great knowledge on this iconic beast of a motorcycle, be safe stay healthy!

Hi Everyone
Have been a V-Max lover since they first appeared in 80's but never had the chance to own one till now, i have had bikes on and off from 1980 and now i am the proud/crazy owner of a low mileage 1988 Red Full power california import, I will ride it till the winter sets in here in the UK then it will be have a total ground up nut and bolt rebuild so it will look just like it did the day it left the factory in 1988 with no mods just totally stock.
so let the fun begin....
View attachment 71702
That's cool
Hi Everyone
Have been a V-Max lover since they first appeared in 80's but never had the chance to own one till now, i have had bikes on and off from 1980 and now i am the proud/crazy owner of a low mileage 1988 Red Full power california import, I will ride it till the winter sets in here in the UK then it will be have a total ground up nut and bolt rebuild so it will look just like it did the day it left the factory in 1988 with no mods just totally stock.
so let the fun begin....
View attachment 71702
That's a cool picture

The beast is home

Attachments

• 20200527_180325.jpg
    20200527_180325.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20200527_175016.jpg
    20200527_175016.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 17
Looks to be in decent shape start with the fluids and spark plugs, also take a look in the gas tank for corrosion

It's in great condition i had it from a dealer here in the UK it had a full service all fluids and filters replaced and the tank was rust free

Hey all, Luke from London. Looking to become a Vmax owner in the next few months. Came to learn from everyone and get inspired. I havent seen a Vmax in the flesh since deciding on getting one, if there are any owners in London who fancy showing theres off I would be obliged! Cheers

Back