Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all, I would like to introduce myself to the site.
First, Jeaux is pronounced "joe" it's a cajun thing, second, I am currently stationed on I-10 (Ft Bliss) and will be moving to the glorious Autobahn (Germany) in a few short months. I own a 1989 Vmax and a 94 Intruder. I wanted to upgrade from my 800cc intruder and found a strange looking monster with a 1200 cc v twin engin. I love unique things and I had never seen a vmax before. It has some bugs in it that I am still learning about but it is an amazing machine otherwise. My Intruder is a million times more comfortable though as it sits really low and weighs nothing. My only grievance of my max are the placement of the footpegs, they make backing up a pain in the shins!
Anyone in either the El paso area or Germany (around Mannheim) hit me up to ride or whatever...

Hey all, I would like to introduce myself to the site.
First, Jeaux is pronounced "joe" it's a cajun thing, second, I am currently stationed on I-10 (Ft Bliss) and will be moving to the glorious Autobahn (Germany) in a few short months. I own a 1989 Vmax and a 94 Intruder. I wanted to upgrade from my 800cc intruder and found a strange looking monster with a 1200 cc v twin engin. I love unique things and I had never seen a vmax before. It has some bugs in it that I am still learning about but it is an amazing machine otherwise. My Intruder is a million times more comfortable though as it sits really low and weighs nothing. My only grievance of my max are the placement of the footpegs, they make backing up a pain in the shins!
Anyone in either the El paso area or Germany (around Mannheim) hit me up to ride or whatever...

Hi Jeaux! I'm sure you meant V4 not V twin! Enjoy the forum!! :punk:

Hi all! I'm a newcomer to this forum since I just bought my second Vmax. Sold my first one about 5 years ago (a nice 88') and had been regreting it ever since. Well a very nice 05' came along with many of the same mods I had done before on my 88' and this 05' is spotless and I got it at a very good price. I counl't pass it up and now I'm back on a Max. I'm going to keep this one and it's going to be my hobby till they stick me in the ground. One of the first things I'm going to do is solid mount the engine and then just go from there.

Hi, just joined, I've been riding for 44 years now and have had 29 bikes through the years. I just got in an accident that totaled out my 03 Kawasaki Z1000. I am healing a sprained shoulder. Fortunately I had on all my riding gear armored jacket, boots, gloves and full face helmet. If only I'd had on my leather race pants I wouldn't have this scrape on my right knee. An old man turned left in front of my bike. Anyway I am now waiting on the insurance to settle. I think I'd like to buy a used V Max. I had one once an 85 that I got from a friend, it was wrecked and I never got around to restoring and fixing it, so I sold it to a salvage company. If any one knows of a nice used V Max for sale hook me up with the owner or send me pictures and details. I live in southwest Louisiana west of New Orleans about 80 miles. Thanks and will be looking forward to helping this site grow. PS I still have three other bikes in the garage 85 700 Maxim, 09 Triumph Bonneville and 06 Suzuki C90T. Watch out for the cagers they'll get you no matter how hard you try to avoid them.

welcome kawa. depending on your price range i think morley still has his for sale (one2dmax)

Hi,
I'm Bill. I'm from the UK and I joined this forum quite a while ago and popped in now and again, but didn't post. I found the site to very helpful and technically informative. I have posted now.
I am a bike instructor and really enjoy taking students who have never ridden a bike before all the way through the CBT (Compulsary Basic Training) and lessons to full test. The school has ride-outs on bank holidays where our students who have passed their test join us on the runs.
I've had my Vmax for 6 years now and modified it over these years. I love riding it.
Kind regards
Bill

Hey guy's just bought an 1985 vmax and I own an 1998 vmax for about 3 years stock.
I need some help on the 1985 don't know much about the flat slides on the 1985 doesn't run right any one know of a good vmax man around 38261.

Hey guy's just bought an 1985 vmax and I own an 1998 vmax for about 3 years stock.
I need some help on the 1985 don't know much about the flat slides on the 1985 doesn't run right any one know of a good vmax man around 38261.

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum. Start a thread in the Carb section about the problem you are having with the flat slides and 1 of the carb gurus will help you sort it out.

Hello all. Been a lurker here for a few months...doing a lot of reading and learning. I've owned a lot of bikes, and right now I have a 07 R-1, a custom chopper I built in 2003, and a 98 vmax I bought about a month ago.

I am a police officer, but through the years, I worked at several motorcycle shops servicing bikes. The last two shops were Harley shops, but prior to those, I worked for Yamaha and Kawasaki. I still work on bikes in my garage as a side job and a secondary source of income since we cops make so much damn money!!!!! hahahaha.

Glad to be a member here guys. If I can help let me know. I am eager to learn more from anyone here also!

Hello all. Been a lurker here for a few months...doing a lot of reading and learning. I've owned a lot of bikes, and right now I have a 07 R-1, a custom chopper I built in 2003, and a 98 vmax I bought about a month ago.

I am a police officer, but through the years, I worked at several motorcycle shops servicing bikes. The last two shops were Harley shops, but prior to those, I worked for Yamaha and Kawasaki. I still work on bikes in my garage as a side job and a secondary source of income since we cops make so much damn money!!!!! hahahaha.

Glad to be a member here guys. If I can help let me know. I am eager to learn more from anyone here also!

Welcome to the forum! :cheers: Well, we'll definitely want you along with us when we take one of our "leisurely rides" and some of your "friends" want us to pull over! :biglaugh: :whistlin:

Hi new member from Alabama,just bought a black 06 2 weeks ago and love it. :biglaugh: i've owned 3 bikes in the past 83 v65 magna,97 cbr600,00cbr1100.I have been in love with the vmax since i first saw a writeup on them in hotrod inlate 84,early85:ummm: wish i still had that issue.:bang head: I like the stock look,but will probably change pipes&seats in future,also restoring 74 charger so i have to divide time & money+plus keep wife happy.Love the forum& thanks for letting me join.

Hey all! Glad to be a part of the forum. I'm actually playing my cards and planning to save up the money for my 1st Vmax. I've heard scary stories about how powerful they are for years now, and I'll likely wear out my welcome mat asking so many questions about the dang thangs. Plus, I'll probbly have a few ideas to run by y'all before committing to once I have a bike, so I hope that I can bring something to the table for everyone else as well. Again, thanks for having me here!

Hi everyone. I'm a new V-Max owner from Greenville, South Carolina. I bought my first-ever V-Max in October of 2009. She is a 2007 with the Raven Black paint job and Shift Red Flames. I really like this bike - a lot. I have ridden motorcycles for 33 years and have owned everything from a Suzuki TM 125 dirt bike to the Max.

I fell in love with the V Four engine back in 1983 when I bought a Honda VF750C Magna. ever since then, I wanted a V-Max. This year I finally was financially able to buy one. I also currently own a 2003 Ducati 800 Monster. But my V-Max is my pride and joy.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and sharing some info on this great bike.

DSCN0745.jpg

Hi all,
Just acquired a 1997 Vmax - Silver and Black. All stock. I've had my eyes on these for a long time. I've been riding since I was 18...about 22 years. I've had mostly Hondas and a Yamaha Vstar. I'm glad to finally get the bike that I've always wanted.

I'm looking forward to learning and modding. :eusa_dance:

Hi all,
Just acquired a 1997 Vmax - Silver and Black. All stock. I've had my eyes on these for a long time. I've been riding since I was 18...about 22 years. I've had mostly Hondas and a Yamaha Vstar. I'm glad to finally get the bike that I've always wanted.

I'm looking forward to learning and modding. :eusa_dance:
Welcome and congratulation on your purchase. You'll find many passionate Vmax owners here willing to help with any questions. There is lots of information thoughtfully laid out to get you the information your looking for. There is a handy search function too.
Share some your experiences with your other bikes and keep us up to date with your new Vmax.

Last edited:
Welcome and congratulation on your purchase. You'll find many passionate Vmax owners here willing to help with any questions. The is lots of information thoughtfully laid out to get you the information your looking for. There is a handy search function too.
Share some your experiences with your other bikes and keep us up to date with your new Vmax.
I've noticed. This is a great site and there is lots of info.

I picked my Vmax up in Wisconsin and drove it back home (about 250+ miles). Even though it was a little cold, it was a great ride.

Back