Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone,
I have been riding most of my life, from sleeping on the tank of my dad's Honda 350, racing Indian 50s when I was 7, fell in love with the Vmax in '85. My first street bike was a '82 Virago 750, then I moved up - '85 GS1150e, loved it and should have never sold it but life happens. Next bike many years later was a '07 m109r, quite a beast. Moved from that to a Meanstreak , wasn't for me though, then inherited a Royal Star when my dad passed. Just sold that bike then found my dream bike.
I picked up my 2005 Anniversary edition Vmax , received_702337294000466.jpegnumber 893 today. It looks like it came off the showroom floor. It has been taken care of like a baby! I don't even think its ever been in the rain.
I felt like I got a good deal. The bike only has 12k miles on it. Started , ran and shifted like a new bike. I believe the original owner was so proud of it he kept it in the house.
There are NO mods just a small wind screen and some small highway bars, two simple accessories.

Hello everyone,
I have been riding most of my life, from sleeping on the tank of my dad's Honda 350, racing Indian 50s when I was 7, fell in love with the Vmax in '85. My first street bike was a '82 Virago 750, then I moved up - '85 GS1150e, loved it and should have never sold it but life happens. Next bike many years later was a '07 m109r, quite a beast. Moved from that to a Meanstreak , wasn't for me though, then inherited a Royal Star when my dad passed. Just sold that bike then found my dream bike.
I picked up my 2005 Anniversary edition Vmax , View attachment 73611number 893 today. It looks like it came off the showroom floor. It has been taken care of like a baby! I don't even think its ever been in the rain.
I felt like I got a good deal. The bike only has 12k miles on it. Started , ran and shifted like a new bike. I believe the original owner was so proud of it he kept it in the house.
There are NO mods just a small wind screen and some small highway bars, two simple accessories.
Welcome Pepper, Looks very nice! I enjoy mine also!

Hey Vmaxers,
I guess I'm a newby..sort of. I haven't been on the forum in about 10 years. Here is a pic of my 88 before I bought the Gen 2.
Looks like this is mostly a Gen 1 forum. At 82 1/2 I must be ONE of the oldest Vmax riders. BTW I loved the drilled out Cobras on the 88.
Now running straight exhaust and my own big air kit on the 09.

Attachments

• MAX9 copy.jpg
    MAX9 copy.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 20
  • VMAX10- copy.jpg
    VMAX10- copy.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 20
Hey Vmaxers,
I guess I'm a newby..sort of. I haven't been on the forum in about 10 years. Here is a pic of my 88 before I bought the Gen 2.
Looks like this is mostly a Gen 1 forum. At 82 1/2 I must be ONE of the oldest Vmax riders. BTW I loved the drilled out Cobras on the 88.
Now running straight exhaust and my own big air kit on the 09.
Way cool welcome aboard

Hey guys I have just bought my first bike a 91 V-Max

7c5ddc703f0b5848704a55f8b4b8bd0183ce1363.jpeg

However, this is NOT my first bike... It is my second. My parents gave me my first bike a 78 Honda Hawk CB400A, I've resurrected it twice in my ownership.

IMG_20200605_190759.jpg

Now I'm trying to resurrect the V-Max. When I picked it up from Tampa Bay I was trying to see why it wouldn't start we got a few pops here & there with starter fluid. So I decided to see if it had spark, nope plus one of the spark wires fell out of the coil. Now in my experience this is not normal so I immediately thought the coils were bad did some research found out that COPs were a popular mod. Here I'm thinking this will be fun, I did some more research built my own wire set used some spare coils from a Crown Vic my Uncle had laying around, they test good with .5 ohm primary added a 1 ohm resistor, and still no spark.

I do realize NOW that the wires can come out of the coils by design, however, I do not regret doing the COP mod especially considering it cost me less than $4 USD.

So the very first thing I did when I bought the bike was download a service manual which helped me diagnose that the pickup coil doesn't have continuity. I bought one from this site.

https://www.regulatorrectifier.com/catalog/1990-2007-yamaha-v-max-vmax-vmx1200-stator-pick-up
I found that part thanks to this forum, in fact a lot of my research lead me to this forum so I decided to sign up.

While I wait for the part to arrive, hopefully Friday the 13th in this lucky year of 2020, I'm going to take a look @ the Carbs. Feel free to lend some info on these carbs.

So I'm checking out a very clean, low mileage 1998 VMax next week. If it is exactly as described, it's coming home with me, so I figured I would go ahead and get started on here. The VMax is one of my grail bikes, so I'm looking forward to checking it out. I live in northern California, and have previously owned a suzuki intruder 1400, a victory jackpot, and currently own a speed triple. I like bikes with character that you don't see every day, so the VMax is right up my alley!

I'm not a fan of purple but I really like that. Reminds me of an color called Black Cherry Metallic. It was used on Cadillac's back in the day.

Thanks guys. I'm not a big fan of purple either but it works on this bike lol. Here is a cover and side shot for perspective.
Oh and 175HP at the rear wheel on nine lb. of boost,nothing crazy but strong. New tire atScreenshot_20200711-170545_Amazon Photos.jpgScreenshot_20200711-170123_Amazon Photos.jpg end of Oct. See how long this one lasts😄

Hello everyone (somehow) Grateful to covid lockdown for giving me the opportunity to finally fulfill my 30+ years dream. It's a 2007, all stock except a few add-ons (windshield, foot pegs). Vboost brought a new purpose to my life LOL!! But still scared a bit of all this power, treating it with all due respect. Already in storage for winter, next time it comes out it'll have the CBR taillight treatment (what engineer, focus group, allowed that abomination to go to production?!!!) Regardless, I'm just loving that VMax! See you guys sometime in the Québec City area!

Back