Quantcast

Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

Redrum

Reaction score
Hi, just bought a 1994 v-max in what I consider very good shape for $2500. Can't believe these bikes are going that cheap. I rode one in 1986 and wanted one since. I can't find anything wrong with it. The only things is it kind of sneezes every once in awhile under 2000 RPM. I'm thinking that might be normal since it is a high RPM bike.

This seems to be a nice place with lots of good information. Glad to be here.

Last edited:

mjsinil

Reaction score
Hi All,
New VMax owner, 1996 I bought for $200. Had been sitting for 4 years, with questionable title transfer. I got that cleared up after DMV reopened. I got it home, on a trailer, bought a new battery and new gas and she started right up, but rough. Clutch does not work, but it does go into gear. 00B4BB00-2516-43B5-A9BC-7B45B3A75B78.jpeg

Irkspritz

Reaction score
hello, just bought a basket case 1988 that had been sitting for 10 years really cheap. I don't have experience with vmax bikes so I joined the forums looking for information when I run into roadblocks. It looks like there has been some aftermarket work, headers, nitrous. tons of stock extras all across my workbench not pictured.

Attachments

Redrum

Reaction score
Hey, Thanks for the add. Just bought my first 96 V Max. I have a buddy I ride with who has one and its just the most awesome thing. I picked this old girl up for $1400. It has some flaws to her but can be taken care of over winter.
Hi welcome,

Nice bike for the price.

Looks like Indiana. I have those same pink flowering bushes @ my place.

redline exhausts

Reaction score
Hi gang I have an 88 that I absolutely love A few plug fouling issues in heavy traffic but runs well on the road and doesn't let me down I have good rear shocks and progressive fork springs but looking for good frame braces

Latest posts