Avon AM26 RoadRider experience/opinions?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heretic

Reaction score
I am in need of a front tire to go with my Avon AM42 and this is the only Avon that the local stealer could find while I was on the phone with them. The tread design looks decent and I was qouted $84. so I ordered one. Besides the gay name does anyone have experience or opinions on this tire, good, bad, or otherwise?

Thanks!

Since no one answered I will answer in case someone else in interested in this tire....

I would say the compound is harder than factory and is probably not a good choice for those who ride really hard. Several times since I have had the tire I have 'stabbed' the front brake at speed, causing the front tire to start chirping (this is scary). Using the same force to the lever it never did this with the factory Dunlop. I can only hope now that at least I will get more mileage out of it than I did the factory front. Probably a good tire for a touring machine, but not for an 'enthusiastic' rider like myself. Judging by most on here I would say stay away.

Last edited:
Yup, I'm ressurecting an old thread. Sorry. :biglaugh:

I just installed a Roadrider V-rated to match the Rear Venom & I really like it. Anytime an older, half-worn/hardend tire is replaced it feels like a winner so comparing it to my old tire would be worthless review.

I really like this Avon Roadrider up front. It's very neutral in steering, very stable & have to date (about 350 miles) have had no traction issues. I have developed a lot of confidence in this tire & am dragging pegs regularly. Braking hard into a corner gives good feedback...well, as much as can be expected from an '85 Vmax.

I am a Sportbike rider who pushes every bike in the corners (that I can see through) so know what an "average" tire feels like.

Avon AM26 Roadrider up front gets a thumbs up from me. Highly recomended.

RR

Latest posts

Back