Battery Tender Junior for Odyssey PC680?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning all!

I finally got to winterizing the '99 and couldn't get it started; cranking was pretty slow. I took the battery to Batteries Plus to have them charge and test it. It's 10 years old but it might still have a couple of years left.

Going forward, I want to add a battery tender during the winter. Is anyone using the Battery Tender Junior to keep their PC680 or any AGM type battery charged? I'm looking at the 12V, 750 mA version.

Cheers,

Mark

Update: I took the battery in to Interstate and found that it still held a 12.6 volt charge. They charged it up and ran it through some tests and battery is fine. I reinstalled the battery and now the main fuse keeps tripping. Dammit, I hate that fuse holder so will probably just replace it with an inline fuse holder.

I did find out that a Battery Tender Jr works fine on an Odyssey battery. Technically not needed but is a good to have in case I drain the battery again.

Mark

Battery Tender 3 amp - Edited.jpg Costco has a Deltran charger on-sale for $30! That's a pretty-good price. It's a 3 amp charger besides the 'float' charge function. That's a good charge rate for a bike battery.

Last edited:
Back