Before and after..... around 8 weeks of ownership

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
The picture that made me buy the bike.

DSC02221.jpg

After

Vmax7-20-2012.jpg

IMAG1078.jpg

IMAG1072.jpg

IMAG1055.jpg

IMAG1077.jpg

IMAG1088.jpg

IMAG1075.jpg

IMAG1076.jpg

IMAG1078.jpg

IMAG1045.jpg

( here you see why I need to get another set of Masters so I can redo those to look nice as well )
IMAG1074.jpg

I have done a few small things.

Here is the list so far.

Fixed 1 diaphragm on my left rear carb. Epoxied the slider back together.

Installed mini signals, then installed the 03 CBR 600 RR tail light with intergrated rear signals. Also installed two led's into the reflector behind the seat. Tucked my license plate under the tail light. So its all clean now. Fabbed up the inner fender so it has a splash backing so the new tail light doenst get wet.

Took off the mini windscreen.

I powder coated mirror black :

Back rest and side rails
Front and rear wheels ( modded the front wheel by removing the interupted ring on the spoke area ).
Rear brake lever
My CNC machined Skull covers on the cylinders
My CNC machined rear brake stay arm
The side covers and removed the V Max emblem
Swing arm caps
Carb covers
Clutch and brake levers
Master covers ( masters are next when I find a good use set to rebuild )
My CNC machined bungee shock cap covers

I powder coated mirror chrome silver the air scoops.

I also installed:

Bar end mirrors ( ebay $32 )
Drag bar powder coated black ( Sean Morley )
Front Radiator cover ( Ebay $54 )
Shinko front and rear Tires ( 170 rear stock size front )
Air Scoop inserts I CNC machined from some scrap aluminum, they are slotted
DD Clutch mod

I also polished the headlight stay and the riser assembly. But I'll be doing those in mirror black this week also.

I have to powder coat a stock grab bar to replace the sissy seat when I ride alone. That is soon, probably this week.

I also will be machining my own clear covers ( thanks Sean for the loaner on the clutch cover ) pretty soon.

I am unsure about USD forks, but for grins will probably machine triple trees to accept a GSXR front end over the winter.

I think I am going with Mark's 4 to 2 exhaust with some short 12" cans and possibly 3" opening if he will do them. I want loud and deep. I like UFO exhaust at idle and in town cruising but upper rpm it whines too much for me. I like it deeper and throaty.

Carbs are proabbly going to get a jet kit from Sean or a Stage 7. I think I am going to have Danny Max do a set of carbs ( extra set ) soon for me. Though I'll wait till after I do the exhaust for that.

Ignitech ignition is also probably going to be installed soon because my vboost is acting up. If I go with a stage 7, I think I ll leave the v boost installed and then try it without and see if I like it.

Probably going to do 6 pot calipers up front and 4 pot rear off the R1. Not sure on that one yet though.

Rear shocks probably going to do Progressive from Sean and maybe front springs and emulators also. But if I really think I am going to do the GSXR USD then I ll pass on the front end and just do USD conversion.

Lets see..... did I forget anything.....

jesus 3 inch? they are gonna be stupid loud. ive got 2.75 x 14" marks 4-2 and im a LEO target. earplugs are a must for me on longer than an hour trips... if he makes them good for you but i was the first one he made 2.75" for and i had to sweet talk him to do that. if you get it done post some vids cause its gonna sound NASTY AWESOME AS HELL!

nice bike i like the front wheel mod...

peace,
evan...

Looks good, great job. As long as we're spending your money, looks like you need a Muscle seat, frame braces and engine guards to add a few.

I don't have a problem with the stock seat. Have gone 600+ miles I'm one day on it.

I am in the midst of engine / frame brace design. Hopefully soon I ll have a set done that are doubling as highway bars.

Exhaust is stock with super trapps.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Thanks
Todd

Great work. I really like the changes you have made! :biglaugh:

Looks like you got some 6 pots and a master cylinder to powdercoat too now! :punk:

Nice transformation :eusa_dance:
From where did you get the 03 CBR 600 RR tail light with inteegrated rear signals ? LED ?

I bought the tail light from motodynamics off of eBay.

Installation was easy. There is a big write in the user mods section. I took pictures of how I did mine.

Thanks everyone!
Todd

Todd,

Very nice indeed.

Looking forward to meeting you at the August ride to Tawas.:clapping:

O

Nice work. You might want to look at getting a Virago grab bar to replace the top of the sissy bar. Much quicker to change out and looks pretty good too.

Nice work. You might want to look at getting a Virago grab bar to replace the top of the sissy bar. Much quicker to change out and looks pretty good too.

I thought about the Virago bar, but I am going to install the factory short one and then make a seat similar to some of the after market ones.

Thanks
Todd

Back