Believe the Unbelievable!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdfb42

Reaction score
What happened yesterday almost made me change my pants from crapping myself.

It was a decent day here in Southern Illinois, sunny and 65 most of the day.

I worked in the AM and helped a neighbor load up a project Jeep in the afternoon.

Then after that I had planned on bleeding the clutch in my Max as an air bubble was the only thing I needed to address prior to hitting the road.

My wife was cleaning and hanging out with a pregnant friend most of the day.

To my surprise she got home around 4pm and came over to the neighbors and asked if I wanted to go on a bike ride. Well, neither of us own a bicycle so that meant only one thing. She wanted to take on ride on the Max. When I finally realized what she was saying, I about crapped myself and immediately asked my neighbor if he had any DOT 3 because I couldn't find mine and didn't want to run to town and run out of daylight. He tossed me a bottle of DOT 3, I bled the clutch and we went for the first ride ever initiated by her.

I say believe the unbelievable because she wouldn't get on my FZ6 for the first 2 years I had it, but I've only had my max for the length of 3 riding months and she is in love with it.

Never thought a simple changing of bikes would have such a dramatic effect on my 'pretty little princess' of a wife but I am NOT complaining or asking ANY questions. Just gonna keep riding!

:punk:

I usually depends on how one rides as you have a precious life in your hands.
I was changing the fiberglass in my pipe and when i started it with the baffle out to clear it out she said "I'm not getting on that bike with that fool."!!!!

Good news that you didn't crap yourself maybe she will ask for more rides in the future Congrats !! Now my wife likes the gen 1 but has not mentioned anything about going for a ride on the gen 2 .

I had my "90" parked next to a buddies 750 ninja. There was a girl that said the difference in the bikes is- Then Ninja is like a one night stand, the Vmax is like a long loving relationship. I laughed and told her she wouldn't walk right for at least a day with a relationship with a vmax.. She would loose her land legs...Plus I smoked my buddy's bike when we raced, he usually quit by the time I hit 3 gear... He now owns a cruiser...

Yeah. It's definitely a new feeling. I inadvertently broke it loose around a corner from a stop in first gear and just slid the back end around a little no big deal and just went through the gears hard and quick afterwards and she said that was her favorite part.

Getting the sense that the back rest I put on (Thanks Sean) is the major difference with her comfort level and she is now an adrenaline junkie in the making!

Yeah. It's definitely a new feeling. I inadvertently broke it loose around a corner from a stop in first gear and just slid the back end around a little no big deal and just went through the gears hard and quick afterwards and she said that was her favorite part.

Getting the sense that the back rest I put on (Thanks Sean) is the major difference with her comfort level and she is not an adrenaline junkie in the making!

Mine didn't have a back rest when I got it. That was the first thing I bought. 10 yr olds don't always hang on well. Definately a lot more security with the backrest. Now I can hammer it at will:punk:

Back