Bike stalling out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V4bandit

Reaction score
Just a question for anyone that might know.
Lately when riding, when I pull the clutch in to down shift the bike will drop in rpm to the point of stalling.
I'm guessing it's a carb problem.? Would I be correct to assume this? How would I solve this problem, as I'm doing a 2000km road trip next weekend.
Other then the stalling problem the bike runs awesome.

Info. My carbs are sock with 150 mains, A/F screws@ 2 3/4 turns and super trapp slipons.

Shot gun carb cleaning is in order my venture was doing the same thing and the shotgun fixed it. You can search for it on here.

It could be the idle circuits. It could be low voltage at idle. Never assume anything. Find out for sure.

Try doing a peashooter routine on the carbs with some Seafoam. Check idle voltage. Both easy to do.
also resync the carbs.

If voltage is ok, and the peashooter don't clear up the idle, try performing the shotgun cleaning proceedure.

Voltage is good, around 13@idle. I did the R1 r/r mod last year.
I'll try the pea shooter trick and see what that does.
Thanks for the quick replies

Is it for all down shifting or when downshifting at higher rpms? Along with the others' advice could be coasting enricheners. Does the idle dip at just idle?

It is mainly at Higher rpm yes. It doesn't stall all the time, just maybe 2 or 3 times a ride. At idle it does also dip some what. Sounds like a lumpy cam sort of.

I did the pea shooter on the carbs today. Then participated in the Ride For Dad for the day. Bike didn't act up at all , so we'll see if I got it.

Latest posts

Back